Chapter 2

~Isaac's POV~

"Justin is hanging out with his friends." Noah Hughes says, opening the front door of his mustang and unlocking the passengers side from inside.

Getting into the car I joke, "He have to go save a maiden with his three musketeers?"

Noah smirks at me, "Ha ha. You know he loves them like they're his sisters."

"Maybe he likes one as more than a sister?" I tease as we pull out of our college campus.

"Maybe." Noah says, sounding distracted.

I furrow my brow. It's not unusual for Noah to get distracted when we're talking about Justin, its like a part of his brain switches to 'dad mode' and he can only think about his brother, but I've never seen him get concerned with his brother's love life.

"What's wrong man? You don't want Justin to date or something?"

Noah sighs, "I couldn't care less if Justin decided to date any of his three musketeers. I couldn't care less if he decided to date Malcom Sheen, as long as he's happy."

Turning to look at Noah I raise my eyebrows, "Dude you wouldn't care if your brother dated a guy? That's so wrong!"

Giving me a sideways glance Noah shrugs, "As long he's happy I don't care."

He gives me another sideways look and I can feel him wanting to ask a question but refraining himself. Noah and I have been best friends for over ten years, we're more like brothers at this point than friends. He's been with me through the toughest parts of my life and he's never been afraid to ask me anything.

Except when it comes to my dad.

This has nothing to do with him, however. I look at my best friend and see him staring intently at the road. We're getting near my house and I know once I leave the car we'll act like this awkward silence never happened. Something tells me I should say something before that happens but I can't bring myself to ask what he's thinking. I'm not sure I want to know.

Noah pulls his mustang up to the front curb of my house. The car makes a wheezing sound as he brakes and a screeching comes from under the hood. I grimace and say, "Dude you need to fix that before we go to Virginia Beach or we might not get there in one piece."

"I know, I'm going to be working on her for the next couple of weekends before we leave. You should come over and help since you're so afraid."

I laugh, "Might as well make sure you're doing things correctly. I'll come by your house this Saturday to help out."

He nods and stares out the front windshield. His profile looks worried and I hold back a sigh. Noah has a tendency to take on everyone else's problems and keep his to himself. I've always wondered how he hasn't collapsed from the weight of all the problems he carries on his shoulders. Then again it's not like my life is peaches and cream either.

With my hand on my door handle I ask, "Noah, what's the matter? Use your words."

He chuckles, "Justin's keeping something from me."

"What is it?"

Giving me an exasperated look he throws his arms up, "I don't know! He's keeping it from me!"

I sigh, "Have you tried talking to him?"

"I've never had to initiate the conversation before. He's always come to me and told me what problems he has."

I nod, "Well, then maybe he has a reason for not talking to you yet. Give him time to come to you and tell you what's going on. Don't go all dad on him, you might push him away. If you want we can talk to him together on Saturday when I come by if he hasn't talked to you by then."