Chapter 1

[A/N: This is a rewritten work of fiction....if you have read the original please note that some scenes have been changed, added or deleted. DO NOT GIVE AWAY SPOILERS! THEY WILL BE DELETED!]

~Justin's POV~

The hallways of McArthur High School are busy. It's lunch time and students are either milling towards the cafeteria or, if you're a junior or senior, towards the exits to go eat off campus. I follow the crowd out of the school and towards the parking lot. 

I follow the familiar path to the back corner of the parking lot where Noah, my brother, parks his car. He likes to come pick me up for lunch on days when he gets out of his college classes early.

He's having a bit of separation anxiety now that he no longer gets to see me during the day since he started college this year. For the majority of my life he's been more of a parent than a brother and I understand where he's coming from so I try to make it as easy as possible for him.

My brother isn't at his car yet but Isaac Benson leans against the hood in all his magnificent glory. He's my brother's best friend. Has been for more than a decade.

His blond hair falls over his eyes as he types away on his phone. My steps falter as my eyes rake over his body. Strong muscles are defined through the long sleeved shirt he's wearing and long legs are encased in dark blue jeans.

I know that if he looks up his eyes will reflect the color of his shirt, a beautiful baby blue, making them shine even brighter than normal.

I don't know when it happened, or for that matter why, but, at some point, I started looking at my bother's best friend in more than a friendly way. All I know is, one day I looked over at Isaac Benson and a swarm of butterflies took over my stomach.

The blue in his eyes captivated me, his smile took my breath away, and I could never look at him again without feeling like I was going to throw up.

A part of me knows it's wrong to feel this way.

Not because he's a guy, though a part of me rebelled against that little detail in the beginning. No, it's because he's my brother's best friend. He's been more like a brother to me than anything else for most of my life. More than that, he's straight and will never look at me like I look at him.

A car horn makes me jump and realize I've stopped walking in the middle of the parking lot. Moving out of the way I see the car, a black jeep, drive away the driver yelling curses through his open window.

Trying not to cringe I look away. I know that car, its owner is my personal tormentor in the halls of our high school. I can only hope Malcom Sheen doesn't remember this tomorrow.

Turning back to Isaac, I notice him look up at the commotion and I see his eyes land on me. He gives me a smile and straightens up from his position on the car.

Before I can walk over and try to talk to him my name is being called from behind. Turning around I see three girls running towards me. A grin forms on my lips and I wait for them to reach me. All three have matching smiles on their faces but that's where their similarities end.

Nancy Hayman has long flowing, wavy, blond hair that shines in the early March morning with hazel eyes that sparkle with mischief. Jocelynn Jo, or Jo Jo as we know her, has shoulder length burgundy red locks and green eyes that seem to see right through you. The last girl, Katherine Reed, or Kat as we call her, has dark, curly, brown hair and deep chocolate eyes that radiate warmth.

They couldn't be more different yet they stick together like glue. They're my best friends, my three musketeers. I couldn't ask for better friends. They are always there when I need them and even when I don't.