Ch 23: Our little secrets

Chapter dedication goes to my gal Ashira_Carson1992 💕 Thanks babe for following the story so patiently, you rock!

***

Ash's POV

There was all the thoughts and logic in my mind until that night.. Until that all disappeared the very second I touched her skin, kissed her lips, and watched her give herself completely to me.

There is nothing stronger than the power of attraction, lust and craving for something that you cannot have.. It's human's nature to firstly miss what was under your nose the entire time, and then we tend to chase it, long for it, till the very point of either a fulfillment or disappointment.

I didn't trust feelings.. Not after Jane. I first lost her as a lover.. Then I lost her forever. I was not myself after that. Perhaps there is truly a switch people tend to use whenever we are in too much pain.. They say, time heals. It's not the time that heals a broken soul, it's the very person that carries those broken pieces. We just change, puzzle the pieces, but ever become whole again.. Or that was at least what I believed in.

Till I met her.. Anastasia Nelson. The girl that turned my world upside down without even trying, swirled my mind in the most bizarre ways through a feisty attitude I thought I would give up dealing with, yet she managed to so effortlessly bring out my very spirit without even trying.

The thing with her.. It was the beauty that attracted, but the daring words that swirled you under her spell. She was a challenge. A true challenge. Even if you didn't want to, she knew how to make you talk, provoke you, anger you.. But there was no way for me to miss the wildness in those ocean blue eyes, mixing with that dark emerald that left me speechless from the very beginning.

I knew her for only two months, but from the first night I met her at the club, I was challenged.. Firstly by her looks, then by her attitude, and finally by the fact that I had to push back every urge inside me, every thought in my head to provide myself from taking what I wanted..

It was true miracle how fate brought her to me only a week after meeting her in the club, only a week of torture to forget the girl with the wild eyes.. To clear my thoughts from the picture of her in that room with me, whispering her name, and daring me beyond belief. Anastasia.

I thought having her as an assistant would drive me insane, and in full honesty, it did. Not only because she objected every second word of mine. But because she was pulling every desire out of me by her very presence.

It was in her nature to grab attention wherever she went, men or women, everyone looked.. Perhaps it was her confident posture, or her arrogant attitude. But she had everyone turning to see who the girl with the dark hair was..

There was not a single moment that was easy while having her near me.. With a confident posture, she marched in my office every morning and read my schedule.. I didn't listen even a part of it. That angelic voice, words after words were said to me, an insult or two about my grumpiness, or my 'control-freak-problems'.. Then a laugh to her own jokes.. I listened to it, and the thing was, I loved it. I loved watching that repeat every morning, and I was starting to live for those moments with her.. It was when I knew it was getting out of hand.

The moments where I would simply shut off and stare at her were the reason why she had to read my schedule a few times a day.. I mean, how could I not look? She shone. In every way possible, taking every little bit of attention wherever she went. A porcelain doll face, sculpted to perfection.. No need for her to flatter those dark lashes at me as for it were the eyes that I knew would be my destruction, the devilish smile on those wine red lips..