Ch 28: A taste of him

Shoutout to artfreak1864 for collaborating with me on this chapter! So glad I got to work with you, muffin! We're working on the next chapter of this book too, so she'll be answering some of your questions that you'll comment here 😉

  We'll be collaborating for the next chapter of her book too, so make sure to check it out babes.. It is a Mature Vamps book though, so careful 😉😜

Enjoy!

***

Anya's POV

Paris at night was a sight I could not get enough of.. The lights, the people, the language.. It all added to my excitement even more. Everyone spoke French and I didn't understand a thing yet I was longing to hear more of it.. I could stare with my lips parted in complete awe and listen for hours. It was unbelievably soothing to listen to them talk.

Starting from the very beginning, Paris was always first on my travel list, as cliché as it may sound.. Yes, I wanted to walk the streets of Paris.. I wanted to wear the smokey eye liners and the red lip.. To hear French all around me.. To hold the hand of someone I loved and then eat croissants in a cute corner café.. Then to walk and walk and walk, exploring every inch of the city, listening to the language and taking pictures like a typical tourist.

I wanted that.

I got that.

I had more than that.

I was in a limo, right beside this gorgeous breathtaking man that I was definitely crazy about, wearing a Dior dress that costed more than I did and smiling from ear to ear with every glimpse through the window.

It was a different kind of beautiful.. It was- God, it was unbelievable. I wanted the whole tourist thing, the flats and the summer dresses just like I got to wear only a few hours back when Sophie showed us around, but at the same time.. Oh, I loved every part of the night too.

Now we were driving to this mystery place that Ash refused to reveal yet, completely overwhelmed with the adrenaline that kept pumping though my veins, complete high on every sight I got to see through the window.

Ash explained to me how there might be press waiting when we arrive, but then again I didn't even know where we were supposed to arrive.. I just knew of that moment, of that reality.. That damn perfect unbelievable dream of a reality.

His hand over my one bare knee was firmly pressed there possessively, his voice deep and soft, soothing with the way he calmly pronounced each and every word, putting me into this lyrical hypnotic state of just mesmerizingly staring at him, asking him questions, and waiting for answers that I knew would fill my soul.

He talked about how the press was going to probably publish all kinds of rumors about us, and that we should allow them to reach Richwood too, of course being known that we were engaged now.. Fakely.

I of course agreed, knowing that the people from the company would understand when we tell that it was all for professional causes.. And that it wasn't necessarily true. It did cause some kind of an unsettling dread through me..

"The thought of it does nervous me though," I managed to finish with that simple sentence, looking through the window for a second before I heard him continue.

"There's nothing to be nervous about.. Everyone should start getting used to us.. I mean, I myself am not a fan of very public gatherings, but with a woman as gorgeous as you holding onto my arm, I truly don't see a reason why not to brag." I felt slight heat rush up my cheeks and tried covering it by a slight laugh. "You do look so damn breathtaking tonight, Anya. I knew that dress would look perfect on you the moment I saw the design, but I still had no clue how astonishing you would just look in it. It is stunning on you."