The News

Serena's POV

"Here you go Mrs Myer please come again I hope you get better please come back if theres anything else I can do" I smiled at the sweet old lady.
Right now I was working in mother's shop giving prescriptions and working with people.

It was getting late and unfortunately we were about to close. I smiled and started humming as I worked, all the people here were so amazing I wanted everything I could to give back. Running my hands through my long, raven hair and focused on adding the perfect amount of the flower extract. I didn't hear the door so I was startled when I looked up and saw the man I ran into earlier.

"Oh your scared me Mr... Mr Roger was it?" I smiled. He was a man probably in his 30s who had a fine trimmed beard and nice expensive looking clothes. His face looked a bit troubled.

"Is there something I can help you with I was about to close up but if you need something I would be happy to help" I said a little concerned.
"No thank you dear child" he smiled "I'm here in the name of prince Adrian". I gasped in surprise, not many good things were said about the prince. I saw first hand how he acted once angered in town. I had been here but I saw everything from the window, the prince scared me.

"He would like you to sing for him he has heard many good things about your voice" smiled Mr Roger.
"We'll I'm honoured of course but I don't if I can, I would have to ask my father I'm still only 17 and can't do many things without permission." I explained. "I understand but his highness insist that you come around 1:30 tomorrow afternoon" Roger reasoned.

I knew not doing this might anger the prince and it's best not to anger royalty. "I fear he may be disappointed my voice isn't anything special" I said. He smiled " on the contrary my dear I just heard you as I entered it's beautiful" he insisted.

"Thank you that is very kind" I looked down in uncertainty. Weighing the pros and cons I looked back up smiling a sincere smile.
"I'll be there please thank the prince for this opportunity" I said.
"Of course oh there will be someone here to get you ready if that's okay you want to look your best" smiled Roger. "Yes of course" I replied.

That night I told my parents, my mother was ecstatic and my father looked very proud. Mother had me wake up extra early this morning to wash my hair and she told me to use a little more of my usual lavender soap and lotion, the ones I made myself.

Sure enough that day a few ladies and a older man who was a wardrobe designer came over to make me look "presentable". Surprisingly they said they didn't want to put any makeups of face paints on me. Saying it would "dull my natural beauty". I don't think I'm that pretty, my eyes are very unusual but that's it.

They styled my long hair into these light curls that they let fall gracefully down my back. They sewed roses into my hair to look like a flower crown, then put me in the stunning pure white flowy gown. I saw a noble lady wear something similar but not as grand to a party. It was a tighter fitting at the top but the skirt was flowing and light.

I stood in the mirror in awe, my hair was the best it had ever been and brought out the bright blue of my almost glowing sapphire blue eyes. My light sun kissed skin almost glowed from the lavender lotion. The dress looked beautiful.

"Wow thank you I don't think I've ever looked so nice" I smiled at the ladies. "You are stunning as you are my lady you look beyond gorgeous" she gushed. I felt myself blushed.
"It's time miss to go to the palace dear" said the lady. "A carriage is waiting outside" she informed me.

After saying goodbye to my parents I got in the carriage and was off to the palace.