Running

The song above is Follow by Crystal Fighters I thought it be a good song for her to run away to. Once again sorry for spelling errors.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Serena's POV

As I left the palace I was shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't marry him no matter how handsome, no matter how rich I couldn't. When I looked at him his eyes were cold and his smile cruel I couldn't be with him.

Why me? Was it because of my eyes?
But how could I get out of this. Tears threatened to spill but I held them in my father taught me how to be a strong warrior. Suddenly I am very thankful for the suicides I was forced to do everyday, and the pushups, even the jousting.

I walked into the shop where mother was making medicine and talking to father about going into the mountains to find some special plants for fevers.

I got myself together and smiled promising I would tell them everything later.

I ran to my room and decided what I had to do. I had to run but make sure my family didn't get punished.

I wrote a note  telling my parents everything but left it in a place they wouldn't find it until late this evening.
I packed clothes, food, and medicine in a satchel and changed my clothes.

I now wore flexible tight fitting leather brown pants, and a white long sleeve shirt with a corset.

Making sure everything was in place, I snuck through the back window and ran, only taking half my personal savings and leaving the rest for my family.

Near the edge of town I saw a man with a haycart who was leaving town, I asked him if I could get a ride of town making sure to hold my cloak close and only showing my face.

He agreed but when I asked him who much, he said no charge and he could take me all the way to the next village. I smiled at his kindness I never known many cruel people, but even those men couldn't hold a candle to the prince.

We rode all the way to the next village, it was perfect very close to the border which I was heading towards.
I looked at the man "thank you so much, please take this for your troubles" I said handing him a copper coin which could buy him a nice dinner.

He thanked me and headed into town. It was near sunset. I wanted to find a inn and continue my journey tomorrow but by time I started tomorrow the prince would know of my disappearance. Sighing I headed into the forest.

I must have been walking for hours, it was late at night and the owls were out making the normally beautiful and inviting forest seem cold.

My legs acked and I was hungry and cold. Stopping and sitting I ate some bread and cheese. Out loud I asked the forest "have I even past the border yet?" I was starting to get tired and homesick. I wanted to be home in my bed, my eyelids felt heavy and the tree I was leaning on felt immensely comfortable.

No, I couldn't sleep just yet. I stood up only to feel dissy and fall back down.
"Today is just not my day" I nearly winned as my knee hit a rock. I got back up and started walking when I heard the sound of branches breaking and leaves crunching. I turned and saw a wolf, a redish brown wolf sitting in a fighting position.

At first I thought oh goodness as my breath caught in my throat then I thought. Yes I'm in Clarence, they don't have these kinds of wolves in Lumina. I laughed and smiled "hi there I'm Serena it's very nice to meet you" I said to the wolf. It growled.
Yikes.

"Um I'll just be on my way" I laughed nervously as I went to move a way.
It growled a lunged teeth bared. I quickly jumped out the way. It passed me and slid quickly making itself ready to lung again.

I reached inside my bag and pulled out a few slices of ham. I tossed it to the wolf. He sniffed it before devoring it. I put my hand out, hoping it believed in not bitting the hand that feds it. He growled but sniffed my hand. As I reached for more ham it snarled I pulled out ham and left it in my hand.

The wolf's eyes narrowed but ate it right off my hand nonetheless. I giggled as it licked my hand. I took a big risk and scratch behind his ears. He seemed to like it cause his face went from predator to friend in a blink of an eye.

He jumped on me and licked my face, I laughed and pets him, even rubbing his tummy. He kicked his leg and howled playfully. I got out the last piece of ham and gave it to him.

He was like a puppy. "Aww aren't you just adorable, is it alright if I name you?" I asked. He licked my cheek. "I'll take that as a yes" I giggled. "Um... how about... Archer?" I asked.

He howled and almost nodded in agreement. "Okay Archer you don't happen to know where the closest Inn is do you?" He started growling at something.

"The wolf probably doesn't but I do" said a male voice from behind.