→ᵒⁿᵉ

Episode One: What Happened   𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

  𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

the bright morning light shone through katherine's window as she brought up a hand to shield her eyes to stop the sun from blinding her. she reached over to her bedside table and snatched her phone to read the time; 12:49pm. while already on her phone, the brunette checked her notifications, which gradually built up from her short absence. she spotted a text from her mother, explaining she was in a meeting, but would meet her at her school to say goodbye to her daughter as she went away for a week with her peers. she sighed, chucking her phone on her bed. she swung her legs out, letting her feet hit the floor. kat cursed at herself for sleeping through her alarm as she wanted to be at school at 2o'clock, which meant she only had a little over an hour to get ready. katherine scattered around her room, gathering every necessity and piling them into her luggage. she hurried down the stairs and out the door, making sure to lock it behind her. the female flung her hand up to cover her nose, nearly gagging.
   "you've got to be kidding me." the smell everyone thought was gone made its way back to the small town. katherine shook her head, scurrying off to school.

     kat arrived at the school, immediately feeling intimidated by all of the students who were saying their goodbyes to their families. she found a quiet, empty spot near the buses to sit down while she waited for her family.
   a shadow casted in front of her, causing her gaze to shoot up in front of her. the brunette smiled, soon after realizing it was her mother.

"i'll see you soon, katherine. did you pack enough? i don't want you going cold." she asked with concern. her daughter rolled her eyes.
"of course i did." her beloved mother nodded, pulling in her pride and joy for a hug.
"come on, michelle. we're gonna be late." the pair was seemingly interrupted by her loving father figure. loving, meaning absolutely horrendous. in her eyes, he didn't care about her, leaving his wife to tend to their child for most of her childhood.

everyone boarded the buses, their suitcases being taken care of. kat plummeted herself into an empty seat, taking this time to be alone. she glanced up in front of her, making eye contact with Campbell Eliot. the brunette shot her attention away from the male, focusing on the device in front of her as she plugged in her earphones.
as soon as the buses took off, kat's eyes were glued to the window beside her. they passed by the 'west hams' sign, which to the mayors dismay, was vandalized.

   hours had passed, and the sun had started to go down. katherine glanced around her as everyone was starting to fall asleep. her eyes landed on kelly and harry, softly smiling. not at the pair themselves, but at harry. the bus lights had turned off, taking that as a sign that she should take the chance to rest herself.