→ᶠᵒᵘʳ

Episode Four: Drop by Drop𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

   in this town, news spreads fast. it was only this morning that cassandra was found dead on the sidewalk, surrounded by her own blood. kat laid in her bed, simply staring up at the ceiling. her hands were interlocked with each other, resting on her stomach.
"come on." harry barged through her room. he sat on the edge of the bed. "we have to go." she didn't budge. her eyes stayed glued to the white ceiling. harry sighed as he stood up and grabbed her hands to yank the girl out of bed. kat glared at him. "sorry, but we have to."
   "says who?" she mumbled, but harry ignored her and dragged her out the door, not letting her touch up her appearance before they left.

kat slouched into the church, her messy, bed ready  appearance hidden behind campbell and harry. harry wore a suit, while campbell wore a black button-up shirt with black jeans.
   "you guys have a lot of balls." will said, as he confidently strode up to the small group, glancing between harry and campbell.
   "hey, man. like, i get that you're upset-"
   "we all know how you felt about cassandra, harry. you were super fucking clear." will spat at him. will glanced at katherine, who kept her head down, not wanting to be apart of their feud. he ignored her, and kept his focus on the two boys.
   "you too. so go, now." will glared at campbell.
   "i don't have to listen to you." harry talked back.
   "hey, i'm family, do you understand-"
   "get the fuck out!" will screeched at campbell, not caring who his family was. at this point, everyone's attention were on the three.
   "what are you doing?" gordie whispered to will, who was watching them argue the whole time.
   "isn't this bad enough already? allie doesn't need to see them." will kept eye contact with the boys, ignoring the small, yet noticeable girl behind them.
   "allie doesn't give a shit about this right now. you're making this worse, all right? just let 'em in." gordie pleaded.
   "in the back." will gave up as tears welled in his deep brown eyes. harry and kat followed campbell to a row in the back, beside elle.
   allie waved helena away from her sister's body, which was wrapped in a white sheet. the blonde slouched over to the stand. her cheeks glowing from the tears.
   "my sister, cassandra, was good. she was a good person. um, she was captain of the debate team... you didn't want to argue with her." she paused for a moment. "who did this? hm? who shot my sister?" she finally let the tears fall. "why did you do that? we needed her!" she started to break down. will ran up to the stand to help her. katherine let a tear slip, but quickly wiped it away before anyone saw. "i needed her." allie's voice was close to a whisper.
   the guards went up to the body, and picked her up to bury her. the large group of previous students followed the smaller group out of the church. they went out to where the boys had dug a hole. everyone gathered around as the guards lowered the female body into the ground. helena started to pray. 
   allie took a small handful of dirt, and released it onto the sheet that was wrapped around her sister.

                                  ♚

after the burial, katherine headed to harry's house, feeling better as everyone grieved. the brunette headed straight to bed. harry followed her in.
   "you can't just stay in bed all day." he told her as he laid down beside her. "you're also apart of the committee."
   "would that still even be relevant?" the girl pondered quietly.
   "of course it would." he propped himself up with his elbow to face her
     'ding'
     kat's phone went off. harry hovered over her to grab the device, reading the text out loud.
"it's luke. he says they need you at cassan- allie's house soon." harry coughed, covering up his noticeable mistake.
"so what? is allie gonna take over? run things the way her sister did? if that's the case then i volunteer as tribute."
ding. the phone rang again. she rolled her eyes at the repeating sound.
"it's luke again." harry scoffed at the male on the other end.

                                  ♚