Second Best Thing - Ashton Irwin

Ashton didn't usually come home before 6 but at 5:15 he strolled through the door, singing one of his songs and clicking his fingers to the beat. You're curled up in your living room, on the sofa with a mug of tea. Ash comes and sits down next to you, his mood immediately dampens as soon as he sees that you've been crying.

"Baby what's wrong?" He pulls your chin up so you have to look him in the eye. You contemplate about lying to him, just so he wouldn't leave you, but you can't, lies were one thing you didn't want to start.

"Ash, I'm pregnant." The stunned silence that follows confirms everything. Ash's jaw drops and he stares for a whole 2 minutes at you, without blinking once. You gulp and chuckle nervously.

"It takes two to tango right? But I mean we can get rid of it, its no big deal, I just thought I'd let you know before, well you know." You are babbling but the way Ash wasn't speaking scared the shit out of you. He always had something cheeky to say, even in the worst situation, but the cheeky chap you'd fallen for was utterly speechless, this made you nervous. 

"Just you know, I understand if you want to leave me, because it was irresponsible but I..." You trailed off, getting even more nervous by the silent second. 

"Ash, please say something, anything." Your stomach is doing butterflies. Ashton blinks a few times before a huge smile stretches across his face, revealing those gorgeous dimples that you fell for.

"BABY THIS IS THE SECOND BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!" You let out a breath and lean into Ash's out stretched arms. He hugs you and strokes your hair, running his fingers gently though the loose curls. You pulls away and kiss him, his body responds and your lips become one. Ash smiles and you giggle. This wasn't the reaction you expected. You pull away and he nibbles your neck.

"So what's the best thing that has ever happened to you?" You lean back into him so your head is on his chest and he is drawing circles on the skin that is exposed by your ridden up shirt. 

"Meeting you."