XV

The next few weeks weren't easy for Hermione, as she constantly had to push back Tom from controlling her body. Unfortunately for her, he was much more stronger, and angrier, and dominated most of the time. He'd make her do stupid things, like answer with the wrong spell or even throw things in the middle of class. Occasionally, he'd cause her to have an outburst at someone for the littlest things.

She hated literally having him in her. Dumbledore had told her that the exorcism was tonight and although she was relieved, she was also scared. Scared of what the outcome could be if it all went terribly wrong.

Tom's harsh laugh echoed in her head, causing her to flinch in the middle of Potions class.

'Scared, Granger?' He asked in a mock voice. She gritted her teeth.

'If you want the truth, then yes. Happy>?' She started rubbing her forehead as Slughorn went on about Potions.

'It's just a matter of time before I get out.' Tom taunted in a voice laced with venom. Hermione could literally hear him smirking.

'Ugh.' She didn't realize that she'd said that out loud. The entirety of the class and Slughorn looked over towards her.

"Ms Granger? Are you alright?" He asked, to which she nodded.

"Yes, sir. Sorry." He nodded.

"Perhaps you can help us with this question. It's fairly easy, but which potion causes the person to tell the truth?" 

"Oh, that would be-" She began, but Tom had other plans.

"A polyjuice potion." She said without realizing. Hermione clenched her jaw.

"Not quite...Are you sure you're alright?" Hermione gave a fake smile.

"Just fine." Actually, she was on the brink of going mad. Slughorn eyed her suspiciously before teaching again.

'You're a child.' She hissed at him in her head, expecting a sly comeback. But when it was silent, she sighed quietly and turned her attention back towards the lesson.

As the school day finally came to an end, Hermione made her way to Dumbledores office. She took a deep breath before stepping in slowly. She held her breath when she saw a group of people sitting down and a... electric chair? 

"Professor Dumbledore?" She asked, loudly. Everyone turned their attention towards her. 

"Her?" One person asked in bewilderment.

"Albus, are you mad?" Someone else asked. 

"She's too young! She could die!" A woman yelled out, which only made Hermione's heart race. 

Dumbledore raised a hand. 

"Yes, she needs an exorcism performed. I know she will survive it." The people in the room shook their head disapprovingly. 

"Think about this, Albus." Hermione dug her teeth into her bottom lip. She knew something could go wrong, but their concern was worrying her. 

"It's fine. I'll do it." She blurted out. The people glanced at each other briefly before nodding. 

"We'll do it in the Great Hall. It's been renovated to work there." Everyone looked skeptic but still agreed. Two men carried the electric chair out and two women followed with papers in their hand. 

Hermion could feel her stomach flip. The anxiety was making her even feel nauseous. The girl turned behind her when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"It will be alright, Ms Granger. I can assure you that if anything goes wrong, these people will be on top of things and make sure they go right." Hermione couldn't help but let out an unsure sigh. 

"Alright." She gave a small smile.

"Let's go."

And the two followed the group of people into the Great Hall.
*************