A Change Of Heart

Theo left early that morning to do some last minute Christmas shopping. He didn't tell Y/N, he wanted to go alone and maybe get her a gift or two while he was out. He had really been warming up to this Christmas thing. He loved the way she looked whenever the word 'Christmas' left her mouth. The way her lips shaped to formed each syllable of the word brought a smile to his face. Though he hadn't let her know that. He didn't want her to know he was enjoying it, as much as he loved her he didn't want to prove her right just yet. So he went out and spent the day alone, going store to store.

When Theo walked in the door later that evening, he knew something was different. Every stitch of decoration had been removed from their home. There wasn't a piece of garland or an ornament in sight. He furred his brow as he walked around the house missing the decorations that had adorned the walls just a few hours earlier. He found his girlfriend in the living room, cuddled up reading a book.

"Hey, where did all the decorations go?" He asked inquisitively.

"I took them down." She spoke softly.

"Why?"

She shut her book, turning towards him. "Well it's pretty clear you don't like Christmas and I don't want to force you to participate in a holiday you don't enjoy."

"But you love Christmas."

She sighed. "But you don't and I love you more and I'm not going to make you celebrate something you don't like just because I do."

"Who said I don't like it?"

"You did."

"What if I changed my mind?"

"What?"

"What if I changed my mind? I forgot what Christmas was like, what a real Christmas was like, with the people you love. Ice skating and Christmas caroling and everything else, I forgot. And the way your face lights up when we turn on our Christmas tree at night and when you go shopping or how excited you get every day that gets closer. That's the stuff I love about Christmas and I don't want to take that away from you. I may not love Christmas the way you do but I am learning to love it through you."

Y/N shook her head and smiled. "Well that would have been nice to know before I took everything down."

Theo pulled her off the couch and hugged her tightly. "I'll put it all back up myself, stay up all night if I have to. I should have told you sooner but I don't like change. I don't like changing my opinions but I have. I like Christmas and I love you."

"I love you too. It's almost 6 you should start putting the decorations back up. It took us 4 hours last time when we were working together so you should use that werewolf speed. I'll be up in the bed, waiting."

"In your Mrs. Claus outfit?" Theo offered.

"You'll have to wait and see." With a wink Y/N grabbed her book and made her way upstairs leaving Theo to deal with redecorating the house just in time for Christmas.