Surprise

Saturday morning Y/N woke up in her bed as she did every morning, alone. Even when Theo stays the night he is always gone before the sunrise, afraid to be seen by her mother or brother. He usually leaves a note on her pillow but when she doesn't find one on this particular morning she slowly moves from bed and into the shower.

It isn't until she is out of the shower and back into her room that she sees a note lying beside a sweater she had never seen before, it was a large, baggy, cream colored sweater that would surely hang off her body comfortable. After inspecting the sweater she looked to the note.

'Wear this and meet me at the entrance to the preserve at six. Wear boots. XO Love Theo'

Y/N smiled at the note before picking up the sweater and inspecting it. It was soft and would be more than comfortable. So she got dressed and went about her day until it was time for her to leave and meet Theo.

The sun was just starting to set as she pulled up to the entrance of the preserve. Theo stood just beyond the sign that read 'No Entry After Dark'. She smiled and quickly jumped out of her car and made her way over to her boyfriend.

"Hello there handsome."

"Hey beautiful, you look good." Theo leaned in and kissed her quickly.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked, looking at their surroundings.

"I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

"Yeah, put this on." Theo reached into his back pocket and pulled out a band of fabric which she was sure was meant to be a blindfold.

Y/N laughed at the insinuation that she would put it on. "You're kidding right? I fall in these woods enough when I have both my eyes open"

"Do you trust me?" Theo asked and Y/N nodded. "Then come put it on and I'll take you to your surprise." Theo said, handing her the blindfold.

Y/N pursed her lips and looked at the flimsy fabric with disdain. "You know, no one's allowed on preserve after dark." She offered, hoping it would get her out of wearing the stupid material.

"Oh come on baby, live a little. I'm sure the sheriff isn't going to arrest us for enjoying nature." Theo started causing Y/N to give him a questioning. "Okay, I'm sure you won't arrest you. Come one baby, your surprise is getting cold."

"Fine." Y/N huffed before tying the material behind her head, the world around her going dark.

Theo took her hand and began leading her through the woods, instructing her to lift her feet more in certain places or take bigger steps, but soon they were standing still once again.

"Are we here? Can I see my surprise now?" She asked excitedly.

Theo chuckled at her childishness. "You're so impatient." Theo stood behind her untying the blindfold before removing it completely. "I thought tonight we could have dinner, and a morning where you wake up and I'm still there." He explained as Y/N took in the sight before her.

Before her was a large clearing, though all around them were tall trees. There were lanterns and lights hanging from the trees and places on the ground around the open area. To one side there was a table set for two and to the right was a tent filled with pillows and blankets that looked as cozy as could be.

"Theo, this is amazing. How did you pull this together?" Y/N asked in awe of the scene before her.

"With some help from your friends, they may not like me and Scott may hate the idea of us completely, but they knew this would make you happy so they were reluctant but willing to help set it up. Though I did pitch the tent myself, it's not as easy as I remember it being so I just hope it doesn't come crashing down on us in the night." Theo explained with a light laugh as the two sat down at the table for dinner.

Later, after the sun had completely set, the food was finished, and everything had been put away the two laid together in the tent.

"We should make this into a thing." Theo suggested.

"Eating in the woods?"

"No. I mean yes, but not us. Someday we should open a restaurant in the middle of the woods. Outdoor seating like this, indoor seating for when the weather is bad. Even the walk down would be nice. Plus you know how much I like to cook."

"One of your many hidden talents." Y/N stated with a smile on her face.

"Do you think the pack would be able to find something wrong with that dream? Could they figure out a way to make it seem malicious?" Theo asked, a bit of sorrow in his voice.

Y/N sighed and thought for a moment before responding. "Probably, but I can't. I think that's a good dream. We'll do it. Someday we'll do it together and show them that not everything you do has an underlying vindictiveness to it."

"You're so good to me." Theo said, pulling her close.

"Not as good as you are to me. Tonight has been amazing."

Theo smiled down at her, snuggled into his chest. "The night has only just begun." He then kissed her ash he reached to shut the lamp off beside them.