I Need Help

DANIEL POV:

I flinched and held back a scream as I felt Lucille slam against my shoulder, he wasn't going to kill me for the failed escape attempt, or at least not yet, or else he would have went for my head with the bat that he had named after my mother. I was barely holding onto consciousness at this point anyway, the bullet had pierced through my abdomen and that had stopped my running. After that happened, they caught me and drug me here - to him.

I was enough of an embarrassment as it was, with me being reluctant to kill people who posed a "threat". And now here I was caught trying to escape.

I hit the floor after the hit from Lucille, a groan escaping my throat.

"Where did you think you were going, Son?" He asked, shaking his head and pressing the bat against my shoulder - applying pressure and therefore making the pain in my shoulder worse . "You want to leave? Fine, Dwight, take this poor son of a bitch out of here. Ditch him somewhere out a ways."

And with that, he left the room. Without a glance back my direction, Dwight and another member moved in and yanked me off the ground. I was dragged out to a truck and tossed in the back seat. Dwight got into the drivers seat and the other guy left.

"Dwight," I said, holding my shoulder and feeling the shredded skin underneath my shirt. "If you've ever cared about me, you'll take me to the Hilltop. Please."

And Dwight glancing back at me was the last thing I saw before everything faded to black.

TIME SKIP TO THE HILLTOP

My eyes snapped open as I was laid onto the bed of a truck. I looked around and was met with the faces of Jesus and a couple other Hilltoppers. Their doctor was pressing pads to my shoulder and abdomen, with a concerned look on his face.

Jesus looked down at me, "Daniel, we can't keep you here. We're going to have to take you somewhere safer. Somewhere your dad wouldn't expect you to go. Trust me."

I could barely manage a nod of my head. The doctor looked up at Jesus and nodded, Jesus got out of the back of the truck and into the drivers seat.

The doctor kept working on me as we drove out of the Hilltop, working to bandage up my wounds from the bullet and from Lucille.

Jesus drove his truck through a big gate to a new community. I heard Jesus leave the truck, but he stayed close enough for me to hear part of the conversation he was having with someone.

"Rick, I need a place to hide a friend of mine. He has connections to Negan. Negan will eventually come looking for him and the Hilltop would be too easy to find him. He's been injured."

TIME SKIP

I woke up after God knows how long. I was laid out in a bed, in what appeared to be a house. My left arm was unmoving, no matter how hard I tried, my shoulder wrapped heavily. My abdomen was sore, but the pain from that paled in comparison to my arm.

Jesus walked through the door to the room, a few people following behind him. "Daniel, you're awake. Good, we were worried. It's been a few days."

"Where am I?" I asked, glancing at the people behind Jesus.

"Alexandria. Jesus brought you here." One man behind Jesus said.

"Daniel, this is Rick, Michonne, Rosita, and Father Gabriel. They live here in Alexandria." Jesus said, naming each of the people in the order they stood. "I'm heading back to the Hilltop, they'll take care of you and make sure Negan doesn't find you."