Living The Simple Life

DANIEL POV:

I ran my hand down Rosita's arm, glancing over at the window. It was pitch black outside, middle of the night. I hadn't been able to sleep the past couple nights and it was starting to wear on my nerves.

I didn't like that he was still in Alexandria, I trusted the other people to watch him - make sure that he didn't get out. But at the same time the thought remained that if he did happen to somehow get loose, he would be inside the walls with every one.

I felt Rosita move beside me and glanced back over at her to meet her eyes. "Hey, can't sleep?" She asked, leaning up on her elbow to look at me better.

"Nah but I'm fine." I said, smiling over at her. She leant over and kissed me.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

TIME SKIP

I walked down and into the kitchen, wrapping my arms around Rosita and pressing my lips against her neck.

"Morning." She said, glancing back at me.

"Morning." I replied, letting go of her and walking over to grab a bottle of water. "I have a guard shift today. And then I'll be back here for the rest of the day."

"Today's my off day. So I'll be here." She replied, smiling over at me. I nodded at her.

The guard shift was a lie, I knew today was her off day so I figured I could slide by with using that as a lie. I was really going to see Negan again. I knew I shouldn't, but it was bothering me.

Once I got to where he was being held, I walked in and shut the door behind me. He glanced up, but didn't say anything - Just raised an eyebrow at my presence.

"I don't know why I'm here." I admitted out loud.

"I don't know why you're here either." He replied. "I figured the girl you lived with would've made you not come back. Out of fear that you'd realize I was right and help me get out of here."

"That's not going to happen."

"Keep lying to yourself, Daniel. Deep down you know I'm right."

I sat down in the chair that was provided outside of the cell, and kept my eyes on him, trying to figure out what else I could say to prove him wrong. "I'm happy here with Rosita. I wouldn't ruin all of that just to get you of here. You deserve this."

"Think whatever you want to think, Daniel. You're more like me than you want to believe, and eventually you'll get tired of sitting around here." He replied, shrugging slightly.

TIME SKIP

It had been a couple months, a couple months of me swearing to Rosita that I wasn't going to visit Negan - and then immediately lying and going to visit him.

Now we were on the way to the Hilltop to visit Maggie and her baby. Jesus had been by Alexandria yesterday and mentioned that Maggie had had the baby.

Once we got there, we went to Maggie's house and found her, Enid, Jesus, and the baby sitting in the living room.

Maggie looked over and smiled at us, "Hey guys." She said, while we walked over to where everyone was sitting. "This is Hershel."