Who I Am

DANIEL POV:

We had to have been driving for a couple hours since we had last stopped and talked. I wasnt planning on breaking the silence again, and apparently neither was Rosita.

We pulled into a halfway empty parking lot that led to an outlet mall. I hated to think about what had happened to the people who had drove those cars into the parking lot, not realizing that they wouldn't be driving them back out.

Rosita drove up to the midway point in the parking lot, before stopping and turning the car off. "Considering your father takes his damn time whenever he's in Alexandria, Rick doesn't want us back til tomorrow."

"Great." I said, opening the door to the car and getting out. Rosita got out and opened up the truck, revealing a couple guns. She grabbed one, putting the strap over her shoulder and handed me the other one.

"Just keep your eyes open when we get in here." She said, closing the trunk and walking away from me. I followed behind her for a few minutes before deciding to catch up. "We're gonna do a sweep through the place, find a store that should be easy to block off, start going through places for supplies. Get everything in a central location and then go back to wherever we're hiding out for the night."

I nodded, "Sounds good." I said as we approached the entrance to the outlet mall. Rosita took the lead into a couple stores, downing a few walkers as they approached.

TIME SKIP

We had spent a while, exploring the stores until we found one to hunker down in. We had decided to take some supplies on back to the car so that it wasn't so much to carry back tomorrow.

"Once we get back to the store, we need to change the bandage on your shoulder and abdomen." She said, as we got to the car and she opened the door.

I tossed a few bags of supplies into the back seat and shrugged, "It can wait til I get back to Alexandria tomorrow."

"Sure, if you want to get an infection." She said, glancing over at me and tossing the bags she had carried into the car. She closed the door and started walking back, "You're not waiting til tomorrow."

As soon as we got back into the store, Rosita started digging through a bag that she had brought in. "Sit down, and take off your shirt." She said, not turning around to face me.

I sat down without taking my shirt off, and waited for her to turn around. After a minute, she did. "Seriously, it can wait til tomorrow." I said, shrugging.

"Trust me, it won't." She said, walking a little closer to me. "Take off your shirt."

I finally gave in and pulled it off with my good arm. She got to work changing the bandage on my stomach from the bullet wound, before moving onto my shoulder.

"Now was that so hard?" She said, glancing back at my face. She walked back over to the bag that she had been digging in and I pulled my shirt back on.

"By the way, the shot should be good to go in a week or so. Your shoulder on the other hand, I've seen worse, but I'm still not sure how you're up and out here a few days after that. And whoever stitched it up did a pretty shitty job." She said, turning around and looking at me. "What caused your shoulder anyway?"

"The damn bat." I said, shaking my head.

Rosita nodded. "Help me block the front of the store?"