Alexandria

DANIEL POV:

It had been a couple of weeks since I last saw Rosita. I had been avoiding seeing her again since then. I had stuck to my guard shirts at the gate and after that I either headed to the Hilltop or back to Father Gabriel's house. Practically the only two safe places I had to hide out at.

Aaron and Eric had decided to throw a dinner for everyone, something of a celebration for breaking free from the Saviors. I planned on staying in the background for the entire night. I was sitting on a couch in their living room, reading a book I had found on the shelf, when I felt someone sit down beside me.

"Hey stranger." I heard the familiar voice say.

I couldn't help it as the smile crept onto my face, I closed the book and looked over. "Hey Rosita."

"You want to get out of here?"

"Definitely." I said, sitting the book on the arm of the couch and standing up. I offered Rosita a hand, and she took it, standing up beside me.

We left Aaron and Eric's house and began walking down the street toward where her house.

"I've missed you." She said, smiling over at me. "Especially since I got out of that house and back into mine."

"Missed you too."

The second we got inside the house, her lips were on mine.

NEXT MORNING

I woke up to sun coming through the window and it took me a second to remember where I was. The second I remembered, I rolled over to face Rosita.

"Morning beautiful." I said, wrapping an arm around her and pressing my lips against her forehead.

"Morning," She said, snuggling into my chest. I rubbed my hand against her back.

I shouldn't have just willingly came back here, not after Eugene and I's little chat back at the Sanctuary. I wasn't her first pick, not even her second pick, for companionship in the apocalypse. And Eugene had been all too happy to inform me of that.

I had been instructed by my father to go and check on Eugene, make sure he wasn't up to anything. When I got to his room, I knocked on the door and he pulled it open after a second.

"Hello." He said, moving out of the way in order for me to get by him.

I walked into the room and sat down on the couch. "Hey Eugene, how's things going?" I asked as he sat down across from me.

He shrugged, "Its fine. Negan is very accommodating." He said, nodding slightly. He looked as if he was almost struggling with something. "Daniel, I think you should know that proceeding with any sort of a relationship with Rosita would probably not be a good idea."

"What do you mean? Eugene, I'm back here now. Alexandria and it's people are the furthest thing from my mind."