A Family

DANIEL POV:

Things hadn't been easy by any means, but we were working on it. I guess I couldn't ask for more than that. Rosita was still slightly distant from me, but we'd started talking more.

I woke up to the sound of puking in the bathroom that was attached to the bedroom. I got up and walked over, standing in the doorway.

"Want me to go get you a bottle of water?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I hate you and your demon spawn." She mumbled, glancing back at me.

I laughed slightly. "Hey you can't just blame this whole thing on me. It takes two people, Rosita." I said, "Plus you don't hate us."

She leant her head against the toilet and let out a groan. "I might as well just move into the bathroom at this rate."

I walked over and sat on the side of the tub and rubbed my hand against her back. "You know you can actually wake me up when you get up to come in here. I won't mind if you do."

"I don't want to bother you."

"You won't be bothering me. Like you said, this is partly my fault anyway. So wake me up at any time and I'll come sit in here and pat your back."

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

And that's how we were for the most part, almost too formal to be a couple who was going to have a kid in a few months. And the idea of having a kid was still scaring the shit out of me half the time.

I mostly confided in Aaron, Jesus, and Father Gabriel about my fears, cause I didn't feel like I could talk to Rosita about them most of the time.

My biggest fear was how unstable our relationship was and the toll it would take on a kid, we could hate each other one day and then back to normal by the next morning. We were both too stubborn for our own good.

I didn't want to ruin a kids life by being unstable with their mom, but we couldn't seem to get a good footing in our relationship before something else happened. When we were doing good, it was great. Then it'd be like the floor fell out from under us, and the house turned into world war 3.

But hell maybe we were already in world war 3, with all of the walkers.

I passed by the house that held my father every day that I had a guard shift, but I hadn't gone back to visit him since finding out that Rosita was pregnant. I had kept that promise and I wasn't planning on breaking it.

Rosita's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "I think I'm going to lay back down for a while."

I nodded and stood up, walking back into the bed with her. Once she laid back down, I sat on the side of the bed and looked over at her. "You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too, Daniel." She said, smiling. "Our child is going to be a nightmare, if he or she is anything like us."

I laughed, "I was actually just thinking the same thing. We're gonna be in trouble, babe." I said, rubbing her side. "But we'll be alright. Cause if all else we can double team the little guy or girl."

She smiled over at me. "Yep."

I stood up and stretched, getting dressed. "I have to head out, I'll be back later."

LONG TIME SKIP

I was faking asleep, I'll admit it. But the second I had woke up to the sound of Noah crying, I was too exhausted to get up. I knew it was my turn to get him, but I would get up the next time.