Chapter 3- First Impressions

The woman, my mother I guess, faints. Flat out, no joke fainting. Zeke and Uriah rush to help her up. Her eyes flutter and she shakes her sons off. She starts crying. "This is not a funny prank, you two. You know this is a hard subject, and Beatrice is dead. It's not nice to blackmail innocent Abnegation into performing a prank." I shake my head at her. "No," I say, "My name is Beatrice. Yesterday was my birthday, and Uriah is my twin. You are my mom. And I assume Zeke is my brother." She immediately stops crying and nods. "If you really are Beatrice, then yes, he is your brother, and I am your mother. But do you swear that you are?" I make a cross shape over my heart. 

She smiles. "Well, we must make arrangements. You can live with us if you like. I will talk to your current mother. Can you tell me who it is?" "I would love to live with you!," I continue, "And my mommy's name is Natalie Prior." My mom's smile drops. "Natalie Prior," she says, off in a far world. "Mom," Zeke says, snapping her out of her trance, "Let's go now, then we can have Beatrice move in with us ASAP!" Mom, or whatever she is right now, Nods and almost drags us to the tracks. Just as we arrive, we can can see a train nearing us. "On my back," mom commands. I hop up and we all jump on to the tracks together, landing in a big heap. We burst into laughter, and ride the rest of the way to Abnegation talking about ourselves.

PAGE BREAK

When we arrive at my house, I knock slowly on the door. Almost immediately the door opens, revealing my, whatever she is to me right now."Beatrice!" she cries, and runs up to me and hugs me. When she looks up, she frowns. "Hana?" she asks my mom. "Natalie?" my mom asks raising her eyebrows. They both burst out laughing and hug. "So, you're Beatrice's mom," my Abnegation mom says. Hana, my mom, whatever she is nods. "Well, I love Beatrice, and I want whatever makes her happy. So if she wants to go to Dauntless, she will. But she is always welcome to visit." my Abnegation mom says with a smile. They both look at me, silently asking if I want to go or not. "I want to live in..." I hesitate. I love both of my moms so much, and I don't know what I would do without either of them. But in Dauntless I would have a twin, a lovely, adventurous, kind twin. And an older brother. And their hearts would be broken if I didn't choose to live with them. "Dauntless." I state confidently. 

Both of my moms have tears in their eyes. "Well, what are you waiting for Beatrice, go pack!" my old mother says. I nod, tears threatening to spill. I dash upstairs, pack my minimal things, and go back to my families. I hug my mom, and we both cry in each other's arms. "I'm gonna miss you," I whisper to her. "The same goes for me, Beatrice. I love you." "I love you too," I respond, then break away. I turn around and wave goodbye to my mother. Then my brand new family and I walk off into the distance. I am ready for my new life to begin.