Chapter 4~

Rosalyn's P.O.V~

I was livid.

My wolf had told my deepest, darkest secrets to my mate.

Mate.

That word felt so foreign to me. It was a beautiful but scary caress to me. It made me want to flinch but also lean into its comforting arms. It was a word that made you warm. I was captured by it.

No, I was captured by him. I was captured by his every curvature. I was captured by his mystery. I was captured by his thought even if I didn't actually know them.

I know what I am feeling. And it scares me. I was opening up to him. More like my wolf was. She decided to tell him. I was angry at her, but I had this weird feeling.

It was the feeling of relief. I was relieved. Even though I was horrified of what he would think of me, I felt as if Ivan would stay with me. I was... Honestly, I don't know how I am feeling. I was a hurricane of emotions waiting to rip through anything in my way. Metaphorically, of course.

I was too caught to realize that I had dazed out of space. Honestly, I could have broke down. But I was too tired. Physically and mentally. I felt my self trying to fight to stay awake. But I couldn't.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I completely forgot about Ivan.

"ROSALYN."

I peeked up at him through my tear-soaked eyelashes. He sighed. I found myself flinching back when he took a step towards me. He had a pained facial expression but quickly covered it up with a small frown. He stepped even closer and I turned to sprint to the door. I was millimeters from grasping the door handle when large thick, muscly arms slithered around my unhealthily small-sized waist. I let out a slight shriek when he brought me to his large abdomen. I felt so tiny compared to him. He turned me around and tucked his head into the crook of my neck. I instantly relaxed and felt safe, a feeling I haven't felt in years. I allowed myself to succumb to this slightly foreign feeling. I felt loved and cared for.

I tightened my grip on the towel that did very little to conceal me and meekly whispered, "C-could you l-l-let me g-go? I n-need to put some p-proper attire on-on..." He seemed to have snapped out of his daze and he reluctantly let me go. I shyly and quickly stepped back and bowed my head to show my submission. He stepped forward and lifted my head by my chin. He had a look of admiration in his eyes.

"You do not have to bow to me. I am your equal as you are my equal. I am yours, and you are mine. Understood?"

I flushed a bright red and softly bobbed my head twice. He smiled one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen. I found myself falling in love with it. Without thinking, I walked up to him and pressed a soft kiss to his lower chest. I would have placed it higher but I would need a latter to have done that. He tensed up but immediately wrapped his arms around me and pressed the most loving kiss to my lips. I found myself letting my guard down and I let myself fall into the kiss. If someone would have told me I would be kissing my first kiss with my mate 1 month ago, I would have laughed right in your face and then call the police because I assumed you were absolutely mental.

I pulled back from the kiss and looked into my mate' slightly darker eyes. He smiled that all too familiar smile and said the words that would have me running for my, excuse the French, fucking life:

"I love you. I love everything about you. Your every scar, every emotion, every thought, every idea. I love your every insecurity. Because you are my everything. You are my absolute world. I can't give you the world, but I can give you my destroyed heart. Only you can have it. I don't want anyone except you. No one can even hold a candle to you. I adore you. You are so strong. I love you."

I was absolutely shocked. He just told me he loved me and what was I doing? I was acting like a fish out of water. My heart warmed. The shards of my heart were coming back together at his words. I felt myself falling for him. It scared me. But at the same time, I was... happy? I was happy. I felt a wave of heat pass up my neck and onto my cheeks. I began to cry. No, I wept. I was mourning for myself. For all I have lost. I was mourning because it was about damn time. I was letting myself mourn for all I have been through. Some may have called me selfish, but I couldn't care at the moment because at that moment, I was healing.

I peeked up at him and meekly whispered, "Mark me."

He looked absolutely stunned. He hesitated and I felt my heart sting for a moment. Ivan seemed to have noticed this and pulled me close. "Are you sure about this?"

I nodded and he smiled at me. He brought his face to my neck and began peppering hot kisses to my neck. His lips met the crook of my neck and I couldn't help but let out a breathy moan. He smiled against my skin and let his canines elongate. A searing white-hot pain shot through my body and I let out a shriek as I felt his teeth sink into my sensitive neck. Soon, the pain turned into a pleasure like something I have never felt before. I sucked in a sharp air and a wave of a burning wild-fire set throughout my body. My nails sunk into Ivan's shoulder blades which I was currently hanging on to for dear life. The towel slowly slid further down my chest. Ivan's teeth all-too-soon left my neck. I was hungry, yearning for him. My hands quickly wrapped around his neck and I pulled him to me. I eagerly placed my lips on his. This seemed to push me over the edge I caught his lips in a passionate kiss. One filled with lust and burning passion.

I quickly snapped out of my trance and fearfully jumped back from him.

"I am so s-sorry! P-please do not h-hurt me. I am s-s-s-so sorry, A-alpha!"

He frowned deeply. "Little one, why would I be angry. You alone put me on cloud nine and a half. You have every right to kiss me and want me for I want you too. I know you are not ready and I respect that. I will wait to my dying breath. I would never, EVER harm you. I will protect you with my life. Because I love you."

My heart warmed. I felt this weird feeling in my chest. I realized that I was warming up to him.

"Now how about some Nutella Waffles?"

Oh yeah, I was definitely warming up to him.

~|~|~|~|~

OH MY GOODNESS. THEIR FIRST KISS.

Not going to lie, I love/hated writing this chapter. Love because well I love these characters AND IT WAS THEIR FIRST KISS and hate because..... WHY CAN'T I HAVE AN IVAN *insert loads of crying faces because I am not using my phone right now.*

Also, my best friend is recovering quite well. Thank y'all for the prayers. I will update the next chapter possibly today. A lot has been going on recently and it has been overwhelming, but the love y'all share to me makes my heart warm.

And over 200 reads?!?!? What the nugget! I love y'all as much as I love roses. All we need to do is get these votes come in. Y'all are the best readers ever.

Again, I am thinking about righting a series. If you would like that, please feel free to leave a comment ;)

Thank you for reading this author's note and if you didn't? Well poop on you!

Here is a video to watch to make you smile.

Read on you hot things!

Until next time my lovely roses,

~sleepyflowersyndrome<3