It Begins

"What in Equestria is that?" Applejack questioned. "Beats me!" Applebloom responded, of course Granny and Big Mac said something similar back to AJ too. "Why dear, that's Sparkling Diamond!! Why- I think I could faint!" And so the unicorn pretended to faint, having Applejack catch her. From the carriage emerged 4 colts dressed in fancy stunt suits, following them was a baby blue coated mare, with a long silvery mane tossed over her side. The mare wore a furry off white scarf, and a lot of mascara. "Rarity, is this the sweet apple acres place you've been telling me about? It seems lovely and... quaint." The blue pony was a unicorn, which Applejack only noticed when she raised Applejack's hoof to wipe it with a cloth, then to have it be shaken by the new unicorn. "Sparkling Diamond, pleasure to finally meet you, Applejack." AJ smiled to the pony, unable to look away from her yellow eyes. When she was about to ask why she knew her name Rarity started to speak. "Applejack, I've told Miss Diamond about your family and your lovely farm and she was just dying to meet you!" Rarity then started to chatter off to the blue unicorn, leaving Applejack to stand there in discomfort and awkwardness of what was going on. The next thing she knows, Applejack is talking to Sparkling Diamond about giving up another acre of their land for the mare to have a small shop to feature whatever they were making. Applejack was unable to say no and she had to give up yet another piece of farm for whatever they wanted. The next few weeks, AJ was making agreements that she had no idea what they were about. Fancy looking ponies came and went from the farm, and it seemed like she barely had time to actually harvest any apples. And by the time she could even harvest anything, the apples were just over the perfect ripeness, but she had to deal with it because it was the only chance she had. She was still able to continue business with Filthy Rich, among other ponies she worked with, but was mostly talking with Rarity and Diamond about this and that with who and what. Finally came a day where Applejack was called on the map, along with Twilight which was very interesting. But the trip ended too soon and she was back to the farm working her flank off after three days of figuring out a friendship problem in a foreign land. Applejack was sleep deprived, and when she actually had chances to sleep, she couldn't even get a good hour of rest. She soon resorted to not sleeping most nights, which really did toll on her work. Rarity was doing all sorts of events and making all sorts of clothes and whatnot all while Applejack tried to work. One day, Applejack fell asleep while bucking, and wound up spraining her hip. "Great! Now I can't work." Applejack was very frustrated. "But Applejack dear, you need rest! You haven't slept in such a long time!" Rarity soothed her friend. "Yeah but I only did that so I could work more to get things done!" The two argued for a while until Rarity convinced AJ to get some good sleep. Applejack felt much better finally being able to rest, but she wasn't relieved of her worries just yet.