The Date!

Khushi POV
For a minute all I could hear was my shallow breaths and pounding heart. All I wanted was to teach Arnavji some telephone manners, especially when it comes to answering my calls. But look how everything turned out. Initially seeing him all astonished at my appearance felt great. I knew I made a superb impression.
And then things took a U turn all of sudden. The wildness in his eyes, the way he said every word in anger. Oh my DM why does he always succeeds in making me so mushy. Even in anger he is able to show so much love and possessiveness. Oh my I still cannot get a grip over my frantic heart.

I was still locked in his arms and our noses were almost touching one another. After he flicked my nose with his, I went blank with such an extreme proximity. We kept staring at each others eyes. Desire and obsession mirroring one anothers. Hmmm. We both looked at each others lips for a second. And then the moment was broken...
"Bhai Aman said he saw Khushiji here, is Payalji also....." Akaashjis timing is perfect.
"..." Both me and Arnavji quickly separated and looked here and there awkwardly.
"Oh...I...I am so...sorry...I...sorry..." saying that Akaashji left the cabin.
For a few seconds we stood in complete silence. And then we burst into peals of laughter. We laughed for a good five minutes. Till only smiles were left on our faces.
"You look beautiful in this saree Khushi." He said in his husky voice.
"Thank you. I...I...was just stating an example of Buaji's temper. I never meant to leave for Lucknow. I would never do that to you. Leaving you I mean." I said softly. In return he held my hand in his own only to kiss it with deep affection in his eyes. His actions made blush.

"I just..I just..lost my cool. The very idea of you leaving for Lucknow made me all beserk. You are too important for me Khushi. And I will take care about the phone call manners too." He said with a wink.
"You are important for me too. And good that you are ready to learn. Orelse I have my laundry bat with me, you have seen it right?" I said with teasing eyes.
"Ofcourse dear. No one can save me from that bat once you are after me." He said with a laugh.
"So shall we go for our date?" I asked cheekily.
"After you Khushi." He said.

Aranvji POV
God..this Akaash has turned into my sworn enemy. Really now. What was the need to come and disturb me at such a crucial moment? Huhhh? Are Khushi and Payal conjoined together via glue or something? No right...but my fool of a brother is in a different world altogether. Great just great. Ughhhhh. That 'Cozy-time destroyer'. Wait for my turn now buddy.

Finally after having a good laugh I took Khushi out of my cabin and together we left from the office for our lunch date. While driving I could see Khushi getting all restless to know more about where we were headed to. And I was enjoying every moment with her.
"So going out on a date is like a secret mission there days?" She taunted me.
"Hmmm...it seems so?" I replied casually.
"It feels like I am your business rival." She said with a pout.
"What?!?" I asked in shock.
"Ofcourse. Just look at you hiding and keeping things confidential." She taunted again.
"Funny. Ok listen. Take a look at the back seat." I requested.
And my curious cat quickly grabbed the bouquet of roses and practically squealed in delight.
"Oh my goodness. Roses. Red roses. For me? Wow Arnavji these are so beautiful and how wonderful they smell...I am so loving this date now." Before I could utter a thank you she crossed the distance between the car seats and kissed my cheek. I felt a smile making its way on my face.
"Khushi. If this is the way you thank me everytime...then I am sure by the end of this date you will have to do a lot more than just kissing." I said with a smirk.
"Hawww. You are so shameless." She said with a red blush.
"Well its all your fault Khushi. Who told you to dress up like this today?" I said teasingly.
"Yeah. Great. This is just great. Everything is my fault now." She said in mock anger.
And in return I laughed. This date is turning out to be a really good one.
Just another few minutes and I will reach my desired destination.

Khushi POV
When we stopped our car...I expected a posh restaurant in an extravagant hotel. However what I saw before me made my day. A Lucknowi Dhabba decorated with fairy lights. It had a typical desi vibe. And old retro songs were being played on the radio nearby. The entire atmosphere screamed of Lucknow and its culture.
"Arnavji...what is all this...?" I looked around all baffled.
"Khushi I want you to always remember our first date with that same smile that is on your face right now. Our date should make you happy...not uncomfortable in any sense. I respect the fact that you are not like other girls. I really love this uniqueness of yours. Its not that I did not want to take you out at a five star hotel for lunch. Its just that I want your comfort the most. And you can be yourself without any pretense over here." He said casually.

I just kept staring at him. Devi Maiyya...how is this possible? Is our connection that strong that Arnavji understood me without even needing my words. How beautifully he expressed his feelings for me. Today I feel so blessed to have him in my life. Thank you...thank you so much.
"Arnavji..." I said in a rough voice.
"Yeah..." he asked.
"I love you so much. More than anything in this world. Dont leave me...I..I just..." and suddenly I started crying.
He quickly took me in his arms and gave me a tight hug.
"Shhhh. Khushi...relax. I love you too my Khushi. And you are everything for me. You are my jam as I am your butter. No one can try and separate us. Hmmm?" He said jokingly to stop my tears. I smiled in return.

After sometime Arnavji and me had our lunch. Which included everything like Nawabi Kebabs, Chicken curry,Biryani, Jalebis and Lassi. We enjoyed a good Lucknowi meal. Arnavji even had a great laugh after we clicked selfies with big white mustache created through our Lassi drinks. Ofcourse, this became his new wallpaper.
We had a great time together. And Arnavji smirked while I blushed for a while... after the owner misunderstood us for being newly weds. All and all the lunch date turned out to be the best.

Arnav POV
I now get it why Khushi's late parents gave her the name Khushi. Because that is what I feel when I am with her. She is the happiness of my life. Being with her gives me a great sense of peace. After spending some great moments with one another I took Khushi for a walk in the garden close to the Dhabba. She looked like a part of nature in her vibrant green colored saree. Walking together while holding hands never made me this happy. And looking at the smile on my girl's face right now was like icing on the cake.
"Arnavji...I never thought that our date would be like this. You were right. This will be a memorable date. And I am gonna cherish this day for the rest of my life."
"That is all I want Khushi. Your happiness. For the rest of our lives." I whispered.
"There is something else...I...I just...Arnavji you gave me so many memories today...so I was thinking that now its my turn to give you one." She said shyly.
"What is that you want to give me Khushi?" I asked curiously.
"First close your eyes?" She said mischieviously.
"Oh really? Are you planning to do something naughty Khushi Kumari Gupta?" I teased her.
"....uhhh..no..no. Just close your eyes and stop flustering me Arnavji." She said in an irritating tone.
"Fine." I closed my eyes in curiousity.

Slowly I felt Khushi coming closer to me. I stood still.. waiting in anticipation for her move. And then I felt her cheek grazing mine...while her eye lashes rubbed me in the corner of my eye...in a pleasant manner.
After a while the movement stopped altogether. I felt her moving back.
Few seconds passed by and I opened my eyes. Khushi stood at a distance looking at the ground with familiar red cheeks.
"What was that?" I asked her in confusion.
"Uhhh...butterfly kiss?" She answered like a question.
And then I smiled a full fledged smile and pulled her to me in a hug.
"You are absolutely crazy Khushi and totally mine." I declared boldly.

And for the first time in my life I wanted to believe in Devi Maiyya. I wanted to thank her. I wanted her to shelter us from all the evil in this world. Love has made my life truely beautiful.