Headaches

YOUR P.O.V

You wake with a jolt, your head pounding a serious headache. "Ughh" you groan, every little movement causing you chronic pain.

You decided not to go to school, you were already late having slept a few hours through your alarm clock. You'd tell morty about it tomorrow.

Slowly you make your way out of bed, standing and then stumbling. This is the worst headache you've ever had, it hurt to move the slightest inch. You placed a hand on the wall to keep balance, sliding it across as you made your way slowly to the bathroom.

Suddenly there's a loud sound from downstairs, your heart skipping a beat and your body freezing. Was it a break in?!
You start to panic, grabbing the closet object you could use as a weapon.
You grab a decorative pillow and hold it close to you, slowly stepping out of your room and to the edge of the stairs.

There's a groan, then what sounds like shuffling. You raise and eyebrow, stepping down each step carefully so you make no noise. As you reached the bottom, pillow ready for attacking, you catch a glimpse of a familiar lab coat.

Rick?!

"R-rick?.." you mumble, keeping the pillow out in front of you just in case. He turns around, it was rick. "Hey. M-morty asked me to come since you weren't at school." He seemed cool about it, sticking his hands in his pockets.

You take a deep breath, your arm falling loosely to your side and the pillow slipping from your grasp. You stumbled, catching your self at first and then falling to the ground with a soft thud. The room around you slowly went black.

RICKS P.O.V

I watched as her body crumpled to the ground, looking lifeless. My eyes widen, my body hesitating before moving toward her and holding her head up a bit with a hand.
"(Y/N)?...hey (Y/N) w-wake up..." I say softly, sighing.

I repeat myself for what seems like forever, then finally give in and pick her up bridal style. Gently holding her against me as I walked up the stairs in slow motion. She was light, very light. But her complexion was also pale and what seemed to be clammy. She looked sickly which for some reason made me want to take care of her.

I groan, kicking her door open with my foot and then walking to her bed. Gently I place her onto the bed and pull the covers over her, placing my hand on her forehead. Warm. As I predicted.

I pull out a syringe that contained a liquid from a different planet. It got rid of any sickness in under an hour, usually I'd use it for hangovers but it seemed like the right time to use it.

I place the needle on her arm, then poke the needle in, giving her the right dosage. I watch her stirr then stop and lay motionless.

The house is quiet, empty, lonely. Does she ever get out? Or even attempt to have friends?
I wondered to myself, frowning and then looking back over to her.
Her face was regaining color, the clamminess going away. Only now was I able to really pay attention to her features.

Sick or not she was relatively attractive, anyone  who's not an idiot would say that. Long lashes, perfect Lips. So perfect I could just..no.
I reach over and comb my fingers through her (h/c) hair, then lightly messaging her scalp before pulling away. For some reason I have this urge to protect her, to do whatever I can to make sure she's okay and happy. Something j haven't felt for a while.

I shrug it off, grumbling at the thought. Love is a lie, why engross myself in it just to end up like bird person?...bird person..

(Y/N) stirs again, her (e/c) eyes opening slightly and glancing around the room. "R-" she try's to speak but I hush her, shaking my head. "D-Don't move too quick or speak right now. The m-meds are still working so I'd suggest to just wait." I mumble, cracking my knuckles.

She nods slowly, staring off into space.

[Time skip 2 end of that awkwardness]

YOUR P.O.V

"Alright, y-you should be fine now, go ahead and move all you want" rick mumbles, looking over at you. It'd been about 30 minutes of awkward silence and occasional glances that seemed to last 399393 years.

"Thanks." You mumble, sitting up and stretching. Your headache was gone now, your body feeling more healthy than its ever felt.
"For what?" Rick asks, standing up and doing the same, his arms spread wide.
"The medicine..I thought I was dying" you laugh awkwardly and glance over at him.
He smiles softly, nodding. "Yeah no problem, sorry for s-scaring you earlier, I accidentally knocked down a chair when I used the portal" he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's fine.." you say as you stand from your bed.
"I-I should head home now.." rick said as he placed his hands in his pockets.
You agreed.
He pointed the portal gun and shot it at an empty space, the green orb appearing.
Before he could go you ran up and wrapped your arms around him, pulling his close into a hug. Surprisingly he hugged back, then did the unthinkable.

He pulled you away, leaned down. And his lips met with yours.