Chapter Four

Daniel "Diggy" Simmons

All night long I toss and turn, unable to get any rest

All night long I toss and turn, unable to get any rest. And when I do close my eyes, I'm back in that moment, standing outside of Simon's apartment.

"Now, if you want to kiss him, then just move a little closer."

I gesture for him to step closer to me, and he does. My own heart starts to beat faster, and I can practically hear the blood pumping in my ears. I see a blush settles across his tawny skin, and it makes him look even more beautiful. His face turns down, looking to the ground.

"He's not going to know that you want to be kissed unless you look up at him." I say, and he does, turning his face up to meet my eyes. I look into his green eyes, seeing the hazel flecks of color, and immediately finding myself getting lost. The next things happen without my permission, it's like I've lost all control of myself in this moment.

"Then you'll look at his lips and part yours slightly." I say, trying to keep walking him through it, but my voice is slowly growing quieter as the atmosphere between us shifts. The tension is thick, and there's like a magnetic pull between the two of us.

I watch as his eyes drop down to my lips, and I watch as his own part, and I want nothing more than to press my lips to his, press him against the wall, and then press my body against his. I've never wanted to kiss and be kissed by somebody so badly before in my life.

"Then, he'll lean in even closer to you." I say, my voice even softer this time, and to my own surprise I'm moving closer to him, our faces growing closer. "Don't move, just let him take control."

My breath escapes me evenly, more evenly than I thought of would've been. Oddly I don't feel his breath back on my lips, he must not be breathing. All of my senses are heightened, the sight of his beautiful face taking over my field of vision as I move closer, the way he smells of jasmine and oranges, and the warmth of his body radiating against mine.

I stop just before our lips touch, immediately realizing what is happening. What am I doing? He's my patient. He's a guy. I'm not gay.

I jump back, putting more than enough distance between us again. I rub the back of my neck sheepishly and clear my throat awkwardly.

"Yeah, and then he'll kiss you." I say quickly, pretending to complete the narrative that stopped being a demonstration a long time ago—I think. "Um, and make sure you leave him wanting more, make him want to come back. And if you don't want to kiss him, then just tell him goodnight and go inside."

"I'll see you later, Simon. Have a good night." I say, quickly walking back down the hallway towards the elevator. Once inside, I press the lobby button, and I look up, anywhere but at Simon until the doors are closed behind me.