Chapter 5: Captured

From inside the purse Tikki couldn't see anything outside or in the classroom but she could definitely tell something was wrong. For one thing she could tell that she was away from Marinette, she didn't know how, she just always knew when she was close to her. But now she could feel there was a space, a space that was not supposed to be there. Marinette would have told her if she needed to leave her purse somewhere so either she was lost of she was stolen. And Tikki and had a pretty idea which one she was. Although she couldn't see anything she could definitely hear. Everything. And instead of hearing Marinette's sweet and kind voice instead she heard a voice that could only belong to a witch. To be more specific Chloe Bourgeois.

"This will teach her," Chloe cackled to her slave, I mean friend (Not really), Sabrina. "Nobody steals my Adri-kins away from me!" Sabrina didn't reply so Tikki assumed she had just nodded her head. Chloe continued to laugh about her plans to make Marinette's life miserable which only made Tikki even more uncomfortable. She had to find some way to get back to Marinette! She obviously hadn't noticed that her purse hadn't been swiped but soon enough Marinette would be looking for her, she was sure of that. But she needed a way to get a message to Marinette about where she was. But she couldn't do much inside a stolen bag and without alerting Chloe to her presence, which could not happen. So for the rest of class Tikki tried to rack her brain of ways to alert Marinette of her whereabouts but she came up with nothing. Until...

"Adri-kins! Where are you going?" She heard Chloe squeal from the outside world. Then the bag got swept swiftly to one side causing to Tikki to get smooshed up against the bag. That meant that Chloe had tackled Adrien.

"Hey... Chloe..." She heard the sound of Adrien's voice. Poor Adrien, Tikki thought imagining having to deal with her. If only she could get his attention, she knew she would be safe with him. But nobody must know she existed. Not even Marinette's long time crush. "I was just going to my next class and uh..." he said and it was apparent just from his uneasy voice that he was trying to unhinge Chloe's tentacles from around him.

"Oh Adri-kins! How about tonight you and I can hang out at Daddy's hotel. I can't bear to be apart from you!"

"Uhh..." He said and he sounded very grossed out by the idea. "I actually have plans." He said. And Tikki was surprised to hear that he wasn't lying.

"What plans?" Chloe said automatically disgusted with them.

"Um... with Marinette..." He said. Tikki's eyes grew wide. What had happened  during the time that she was with Chloe!? Did Marinette finally get the courage to ask Adrien out? Tikki was overflowing with joy. Until she remembered where she was. Adrien tried to explain to Chloe why he wanted to spend time with Marinette, which Tikki thought was adorable, and Chloe kept whining about how she's so much better than her. That Tikki found very annoying. But what she paid attention most as Chloe was next to Adrien was the smell. Tikki had noticed this when Marinette was around Adrien too but she had never really thought about it much. Adrien always smelled like Camembert cheese.

Plagg likes camembert, She thought as she remembered her long time partner. He may be annoying sometimes and not care much about anything but his precious cheese but Plagg was her friend and she missed him. Wait... Plagg! Tikki thought as an idea struck her. Plagg and Tikki could communicate telepathically in emergencies. Tikki looked around her little purse and focused on Chloe's voice. This was definitely an emergency. (I don't actually know if TIkki and Plagg can do this but let's assume they can for the sake of the story. Ok?) Tikki closed her blue eyes in concentration and focused solely on reaching the mind of her fellow Kwami.

------------------------------

Adrien couldn't concentrate on anything for the rest of the day. Everything was normal outside and in the real world but inside Adrien's mind there were so many things happening. His brain still hadn't adjusted to the fact that he knew who Ladybug was, he was still trying to make two people fit together and that took up a lot of brainpower. But other than that he was all nerves about their little meeting they were going to have at 4:00. He really hoped no akuma's showed up because if they did Adrien wasn't sure if he was gonna be able to concentrate. Because not only those things were going through his mind but he also had Chloe to worry about now. Boy had she been mad when she found out he couldn't hang out because of "Mari-Trash" as she put it. His hands subconsciously curled into fists on top the desk he was sitting at and his face contorted into a furious expression that would send fear crawling through anyone. Nino, next to him, sent him a concerned look so he tried to relax his expression but it was not easy.  But the one thing he most definitely couldn't keep his mind off was the purse he had seen Chloe with. He knew he had seen it somewhere and that it wasn't hers. He had tried to bring it up in their conversation but Chloe sauntered off grumpily before he could bring it up and now he was concerned for whoever's bag it was. But whose bag was it?