Chapter 6: Another Mission Completed

Marinette shoved Adrien around the corner and he would have face planted if he wasn't secretly a superhero who had cat like reflexes. He stumbled awkwardly but then got a hold of his footing and made his way down the hall trying to look casual. How was he going to distract Chloe? But before he could think about it Chloe had already saw him and was running over him, latching herself onto his arm. He sighed as she started babbling on about something random that he could care less about and tried to focus on the task at hand. Apparently by just being there he could distract Chloe so she wasn't the problem. But what about Sabrina? Where was she anyway? He craned his neck to try and pear around Chloe and saw that the girl was standing a few feet away, watching silently. All he had to do was start a conversation with her or something. Then both girls would be distracted, Chloe because he was there and Sabrina because he was talking to her. This was going to be easier than he expected.

"Hey, Sabrina," he said and waved to her. The ginger haired girl's eyes widened and she hesitantly waved back as if she didn't know if she was allowed to. She didn't say anything back though, so Adrien had to come up with something else to say but Chloe was making it difficult.

"Don't talk to her, Adri-kins she's fine just standing. Talk to me." He decided to ignore Chloe, she would still be paying attention to him even if he wasn't talking to her and tried to think of something else to say to Sabrina... but what? So he said the first thing that came to mind.

"Hey, Sabrina what do you think of Ladybug and Cat Noir?" He said and then regretted it because it was awkward for him to hear people talking about his other self and because it was totally random and Sabrina gave him a weird look for it.

"Um... They're cool I guess?" Then she glanced at Chloe fearfully because she didn't know if she was allowed to answer that question. Chloe glared at her and Sabrina shrank back a little. But Adrien wasn't giving up yet. He came up with another totally random topic to talk about and Sabrina mustered up the courage to reply with one word sentences while Chloe glared at her. Now all Marinette needed to do was sneak up behind Chloe and grab her purse, which was slung around her shoulder, luckily the one facing away from Adrien. Adrien didn't want to attract attention by glancing over to where she was but the temptation was getting harder and harder.

------------------------------------

Marinette was poking her head around the corner watching as Adrien walked over to the two girls, was tackled by Chloe and then awkwardly tried to start up a conversation with Sabrina, Chloe trying to revert his attention back onto her. Marinette facepalmed at the question he asked Sabrina. Of all things he had to drag their alter egos into this? But the question worked and Sabrina focused her attention on him giving a short answer. It was now or never. But just as Marinette was going to step around the corner and grab her purse from Chloe she felt a tap on her shoulder. On instinct she jumped and whipped around her fists clenched in a fighting pose. Alya stumbled back with wide eyes, blinking at her best friend with a frightened look on her face.

"Um... " She said staring at Marinette who was still in her fighting pose with a glare on her innocent face. The glare quickly turned into a mixture of relieved, panicked and embarrassed.

"Hey Alya..." She said awkwardly and then glanced back around the corner where Adrien was still trying to distract Chloe, feeling worried. He couldn't keep that up forever. But she also had to deal with her best friend who just saw some of the superhero come out of her and Marinette wasn't sure how she'd react. Luckily Alya was recovering from the shock and shook her head as if to clear it. She apparently didn't find it too strange because she passed it off like it was nothing, moving on to the next subject which is probably why she had tapped Marinette's shoulder in the first place.