chapter 3

Arabella and Ross walked together in silence away from the home. She really didn't know where to take him.

Normally when she went for her walks at night she would ride. Her favorite place to go was the creek. Some times she would go in and swim and enjoy herself.

"Aye lass so where do you plan on taking me" Ross said breaking the silence.

"Where I normally go at night to be alone. Or just away from my family." She answered.

The creek came into view and Arabella let go of ross's arm. It felt weird she liked being next to him.

She didn't know what to do from here normally she would strip and go in. Ross was here now and she couldn't do such a thing.

"So why is it that ye so quite I never really talked to ye tonight and you left rather early too"

Arabella turned to see ross was throwing some sticks together to build a small fire.

"It's not me you need worry about. My sister is the one ye are to marry. I am just the other sister" she told him helping him gather sticks.

Ross didn't comment which made her wonder if he did come here to marry Kate. 

He had started making sparks with stone trying to catch it with the dead grass. Soon it caught fire.

"Aye that's thee plan me and my men are here for a weeks time and when I leave I hopes to have me a bride."

Arabella knew he would be leaving with a bride Kate got what Kate wanted. She got everything new gowns her hair done up fancy all the time. Arabella got Kates hand me downs which normally fit to long and small on her.

On the rare occasions she would get a nice dress her mother would always make the comment on how busty she was and her bottom was much to large.

She always knew she would never become a bride. Her mother always reminded her of it all the time.

"So miss Arabella I would like to know more about ye, I know tons of Kate tell me of the rest of ye family"

Arabella knew that Kate would have only talked about herself. It's just how she was.

"There are four of us Christopher, Charles Kate and I. My two brothers are married. Kate was thought to be the next to marry." She told him what was there to tell.

"What about ye? Don't you want to marry?"

Did she? Of course she did but from the time she could remember she was always the ugly sister.

"Aye what girl doesn't but I am not like Kate. No man would want me, mother said I be lucky for a man to take me as a mistress" she told him keeping her head down.

Ross felt his blood boil.

A bloody mistress? If she was lucky?!?! This girl obviously didn't know how beautiful she was. Everything about her made him want her more.

She was beautiful on the outside and inside. Even for a young lass. He was older then by 10 years.

"Aye if I may be so blunt and honest my lady. I find ye much prettier then ye sister." He smiled to her.

Her head picked up at his words and a small smile had formed on her lips.

They talked for hours it felt like. He soon noticed Arabella falling asleep beside him. He let her fall asleep.

Ross stood up putting out the fire that had died down. He turned to pick up Arabella. She wasn't even heavy so why didn't that witch of a mother tell her she was.

Ross had remembered the way back the the Manor. He also remember to use the servents stairs so no one would see them.

He opened the door to her room. Slipping her shoes off and laying her down to bed. He slipped the robe she wore off too.

It was only just a few days then he would pick what they think is Kate as his bride. Rosa knew his choice and it wasn't Kate. 

The next morning ross was up early ready for the days adventures. Ross had said they should go riding. He hopped that Arabella would come with them.

He quite enjoyed there time last night and wanted to spend more time with her.

Ross dressed himself and went down to break his fast. Arabella was already awake just finishing up eating alone. It then occurred that no one else was up yet.

"Aye lass may I join ye?" He asked.

He could tell by the way she jumped he startled her.

"Aye ye may but I was just finishing up. I shouldn't bother ye Kate will be down soon then you two are to go riding"

He nodded to her, "aye we are you you care to join us?" He finally asked.

She spoke up to answer.

"Oh she can't sorry mother had plans for ye ara? You best go find her" Kate said walking in.

Ross cringed at her voice. He had heard enough of it yesterday when she talked all about herself.

Arabella nodded to take and then to Ross before leaving.

Ross wanted to chase after her but was stopped by Kate. She sat down next to him and joined him for the feast.

The feast went by what felt like forever. Kate just talked but herself and pettie problems she had. Not once saying anything good of Arabella. 

She talked of how Arabella rode like a man on a horse never sadle side. How she was always big in the rump and chest so her gowns needed to let out more.

These things didn't bug Ross. It only made him find her much more attractive. It was rare to find a woman who rode with legs on both sides. It made him wanna ride with Arabella and see her wonder full legs.

Ross noticed kate was about to continue to blab about herself more.

"Aye lass shall we get to the stables and ride?" Ross said.

Kate looked displeased but nodded. She then when up stairs to change.

This would be a long week.