ii

recap;

The loneliness were deafening, the hollow in his heart became deeper when he recalled of her words to him.

Tears finally fell, trailing down his cheeks as he drowned himself in grief of a lost chance and hope. And in desperation, he voiced his greatest wish to no one,

"Give me someone who will love me unconditionally."

***

Seungjun woke up to the smell of something cooking in the kitchen and in an instant his stomach grumbled in accession. However, right that moment his sleep held the most importance, food can wait. His eyes drooped, he will just sleep for ten minutes more. So he turned his body to his side, burying his head on his rose scented pillow…

He snapped his eyes open just to see the back of someone’s head, a girl, obviously, except he had spent the night with a guy. He had his hand draped on her waist carelessly, and from under the blanket he could feel the smoothness of her skin.

If it was in any normal circumstances, he would go with his feeling; to let them stay or send them out. But this was not like it.

He was pretty sure he did not bring any girl home last night.

He pulled back harshly, successfully waking up the girl beside him as she stirred. He jumped out of his massive bed and turned his head urgently for the proof of his yet another late night business. None. His room was as spotless as he left it the day before. He skimmed his eyes on himself and found the clothes he had been wearing since last night, now crumpled from sleeping.

A soft moan was heard and he turned his attention to the girl who sat up and stretched her hands. The blanket that was covering her very naked chest fell and his eyes trailed on the bareness of her skin. Gulping, he looked back up, just to see a pair of dark brown eyes staring back at him.

He was very sure he never saw her.

They blinked at each other for a few moments until he turned away first.

“God, lady what are you doing in my bed?” Seungjun asked clearly flustered. He cannot seem to remember anything at all as he wrecked a havoc in his mind, finding any memories of them together.

Last night after his nightly visit to his usual place, he went for a drink in a simple stall. He was friends with the ahjumma and no one would expect Park Seungjun to drink at such lowly place, so it was perfect. He ordered his usual bottles of soju and drank alone, occasionally munching on the roasted pork belly ahjumma served with his drinks. Just the way he liked it. And after a few stupid drunk jokes with the ahjumma, he let himself into his car and drove back to his apartment.

So which part did the girl came in?

He looked on his crumpled clothes and then to her messy hair. He had not… They did not…

Clearing his throat, he asked, “I um… w-we didn’t do anything, did we?”

Neither did any of them say anything for a full minute, he was staring at her, as she did to him. She was clearly checking him out as her eyes strayed from his eyes, scanning down and then back up again. Seungjun’s mouth twitched, he was used to have girls worshipping the ground he walked on and telling him that he was their type, but this was not the time for that. She was in his private residence, in his room, and he did not know how she even got there.

He sighed in frustration, running a hand through his bed hair, ruffling it a little.

“Fine, don’t tell me. But I want you gone before I finished getting ready.” He said harshly and padded to the huge bathroom.

He only had two bedrooms in his apartment, but both are huge with joined baths and walk-in closets. Since he had no one else staying with him, the other room was left empty, as were his home, albeit the middle aged woman came in daily to do the house chores for him. He was pretty much alone.

Loneliness never really bothered him, he was fine with it. He learnt to tolerate its existence because he knew it was for the best. The world was filled with fakes, the people who lived in a life full of pretention. They only cared for themselves and their wellbeing in this tough world, they would do anything for it. They will kill for it, without remorse, that’s how it work. Only the strongest will survive.

So he created not only a mental barrier, but also stayed away from those people, shunning himself in the process. Because everything needs sacrifice, and in his case, he sacrificed himself for his success. He would never give it away, not for anyone.

That was why he never minded being alone, but that was before he knew her.

The images of her came flooding his mind as he stood under the hot shower. He tilted his head up, relishing the comforting feeling that came with the slightly burning water, his mind was filled with her in every corner. Her mesmerising eyes and cute little laugh. The excitement that she never bothered to cover as she spilled the news to him. Seungjun stopped breathing, closing his eyes as he was getting more and more occupied with her that even the sound of the water hitting on the tiles dissipated until it was gone.

“Seungjun-ah,” she looked at him, grinning from ear to ear. He shot her with a smile of his own, glad to see that the girl that he loved was happy. He wanted nothing else.

Until he heard of what she had to say.

“I’m getting married.”

He opened his eyes and it was not quiet anymore. The water battered on his body and fell noisily onto the tiles, creating big wet puddle that were sucked into the drainage. It was then that he decided on it. He might have been kind enough to let her pass, but this time he was going to fight back.

He was going to do what he should have done long time ago. He was going to get her and make her his.

***
right now, the only goal of mine in WP is to finish both of my fics :)