iv

recap;

A shrill sound cut her words. Seungjun fished into his pocket and brought out a small white thing. She assumed that it was like the thing he used before but smaller. He started talking in such a hurry. Rose's heart dropped when he walked away, still busy talking.

"W -wait..." She breathed out and he turned back, but instead of helping her like she hoped, he pointed to the thing on top of the counter, signalling that she should use it before he walked off, leaving her alone.

***

Seungjun leaned on his leather chair. It had been three hours since he walked through his office doors and he could not wait until it was time to go. As he owned the company, people often considered that he had the time to himself. He could come in and go as he pleased, but that was not true, in fact he busied himself and actually stay in his office to work. Unlike some rich heirs he had come to know.

Hyung, when is your free time? Inseong hyung and I want to hit the new lounge at Cheongdam-dong.

Speak of the devil and he shall come. Seungjun rolled his eyes at his friend’s message and flipped his phone so that the screen was on his table. Is lounging all they know? He thought and continued typing on his computer.

He cleared the important emails that he had to reply and sighed, his head travelled back to the mysterious girl in his room. She might be a stranger, but not even Seungjun could deny the fact that she was beautiful. He had seen a lot of pretty girls, and got a handful of them trailing after him wherever he go, they were quite the same, considering his type. Tall and feisty, just the way he liked it, and unlike most guys, he liked short haired girls more.

Rose was tall indeed, but she was not even as pretty as Minhye, or Sanae, or Mel. She was ethereally beautiful. The way her long soft curl bounced when she looked around the lobby, seemingly mesmerised by the people who were busy doing their own thing, and the small smile on her face as he caught her gazing at an old couple. His blue sweater looked big on her, although it only added to her innocent aura more. He did not even know how on earth he came to share a bed with her, but she was stark naked, not like he would complain about it.

He shook his head. Why was he thinking about her? He had more important thing to do rather than occupying his mind with some unknown girl. Who knew she might be after his money after all, they all do.

His phone vibrated against the glass surface of his table and he grunted. It must be Inseong or Heejin who were probably annoyed because he did not reply to any of their messages. The vibration stopped, and before he could breathe in relief, it started again. Irritated, he grabbed his phone and answered the call without looking at the ID. His face brightened, then in a few moments, he stood up, gathered his things and left.

***

He walked behind the girl as she gazed at each materials adoringly, rubbing her fingers softly on the silky gowns. Occasionally, she would turn to the shop-assistant and ask if she could try that dress too and the other girl will say yes, moving to take the chosen dress and add it to the waiting pile of other dresses she had already chosen. Seungjun was quiet since they arrived at the boutique, merely following Jisoo wherever she went, hand clenching and unclenching inside his pants pockets.

He did not went through all those heartaches for this.

Jisoo seemed to notice his uncommon behaviour as she stirred around and glanced at him. He was so much taller than she was so she had to tilt her head up a bit.