CHAPTER 2: One Night Stand

-= Yesha's Point of View=-

I walked out of the room without anyone noticing me, seeing that Brix had betrayed me.

They were so engrossed in their own worldly lust that they didn't notice me.

"Shit! Why are you so dumb, Yesha?!"

I was scolding myself for my foolishness; I know we broke up, but it doesn't mean I won't feel betrayed when I find out Brix is having sex with another woman.

I may be innocent, but I'm not stupid; I realized she was Brix's colleague when I saw the woman.

I met her before, and as a girl, I knew she had a thing for Brix, and I wouldn't be surprised if I found out they were cheating behind my back even before we split up.

I don't care if people kept staring at me weirdly; all I know is that Brix betrayed me just when I thought I was ready to give myself to him.

I don't feel like going home just yet; I'm not sure I can keep the mood I was feeling at the time.

I should be upset and bawling my heart out again after finally understanding that we're truly gone, yet all I can feel is fury for his betrayal.

Instead of returning home, I opted to drive to a pub in BGC. I didn't even bother looking up the pub I was about to enter; all I wanted was to get wasted.

Perhaps it will help me forget Brix's betrayal.

As soon as I spotted a vacant seat, I called the waiter standing at the side of the bar.

"Give me your most powerful booze," I demanded.

As I could see him hesitating, I gave him my most deadly glare, which convinced him to comply.

I rushed to fill my glass and drank it all without hesitation.

All I wanted to do was drown myself to forget everything, even if only for a short while.

I kept drinking so much that I didn't realize I had almost finished the bottle, and it was already 1 am when I became intoxicated.

"All men everywhere be damned!" I screamed.

I didn't remember those words coming out of my mouth because I was wasted at the time.

I decided to go home at 2 am; I don't think I could complete the liquor bottle I ordered anyway.

I was about to call the waiter for my bill when my gaze was drawn to the semi-dark VIP section.

I've had the feeling that someone is watching me, but I ignore it and concentrate on my drinking; now that I'm leaving, I can't help but notice the man sitting alone in the luxurious VIP section.

A hypnotic sensation washed over me when I noticed the darkest pair of eyes I'd ever seen.

It was like looking at a starless and clear sky, and I felt like all of my senses were being drawn into him, just like a wormhole.

He held himself as if he owned the place or, more accurately, the world.

Approximately seven waiters were waiting for his command, and I also observed some men in suits, who were most likely his bodyguards, indicating that he is not your ordinary joe.

I couldn't tell what he looked like because I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was quite attractive from the lines of his face.

I'm not sure what got into me, whether it was the drink or his hypnotic eyes, but I found myself walking towards the enigmatic man, whose attention didn't leave me.