CHAPTER 5: Talked About Awkward Moment

-=Yesha's Point of View=-

"Oh my goodness!" When I noticed Xavier's surprised expression as he stared at me, I discreetly mumbled, followed by a mischievous smile forming on his face as he stared at me meaningfully.

I didn't think I could withstand his stare, so I averted my gaze, but even when I wasn't looking, I could feel his burning gaze.

It was truly a small world; who would have guessed that I'd be meeting the guy who stole my virginity in a couple of days, and he also happened to be my new boss?

"But he's still incredibly good-looking," I thought to myself, and I couldn't stop staring at him.

When I finally looked at him, I was dumbfounded, and he didn't even try to hide the fact that he was staring at me with such hunger in his eyes.

Sally would have been horrified to see the passion in Xavier's eyes had she been able to see what I was seeing.

I know I should turn away, but I just can't bring myself to do it. As a result, I missed Xavier's outstretched hand in expecting a handshake.

"Yesha, Yesha!" I was eventually awakened from my trance when I heard Sally yell my name.

I instantly turned my attention to Sally, who appeared to be an angry banshee, and when I followed her stare, I noticed Xavier's raised hand.

As I received his handshake, I felt an electric shock that compelled me to swiftly withdraw my hand. I had tried everything to keep it from shaking but had failed horribly.

While still reeling from the sensation of our hands touching against each other, I murmured, "Wel...welcome to the company."

"Thank you, Ms. Santillan; I am happy to be here," he said, still staring at me passionately.

The implication of his words did not escape me, but I chose to ignore it.

I sighed with relief when I was finally allowed to leave Sally's office, and I didn't linger much longer before returning to my station.

I tried hard not to look at Xavier as Sally showed him around the office and next to the other department of the company, which allowed me to slip and escape to the building's rooftop.

When I got to the rooftop, I reached for a cigarette that had been in my purse for a long time, and that's when I discovered my hand was still trembling.

I hadn't smoked in a long time, and the cigarette in my purse was not mine, but Angie's.

I swore not to smoke, but this appears to be an exception.

I called Julia's number while I was still puffing on my cigarette.

"What?! Julia yelled after three rings as soon as she answered my call.

"Juls, I'm freaking out! What should I do?!" I inquired, my voice quivering.

"Huh? What happened? Did something bad happen to you?" She asked, her voice apprehensive.

"I'm alright, it's just... remember what I told you yesterday?" I asked.

"What was that?" She asked.

"About the guy with whom I had sex," I replied.

"The guy who took your virginity? What's about him?" She asked calmly, now that she realized I wasn't in any danger, but to be honest, I think this is worse.

I took a long breath before responding to her query. "He's here, the guy I slept with is here."

"What exactly do you mean he's there? Do you mean in your workplace?"