Captain Dinah pt.2

"Quiero ser tuyo enterito pero tengo miedo
Prométeme que no me vas a dejar sin tu amor
I'll give you my heart girl but you got to promise (prométame mami)
Promise you'll hold me (hold me)touch me (touch me)
Love me, way past forever"

Normani, Keith, Dinah, Lauren, and Ally walk in to a backyard party where the music is blasting there's a lot of food and drinks and a heavy presence of spanish speaker and spanish music. The vibes are good no ones judging everyone's talking they're all meetung new people and Lauren knows almost everybody there.

"I didn't expect you take us to a party like this", said Normani whispering into Laurens ear. "Lmao it was Captain Dinah's idea she thought it would be cute for the both of you."

Normani looked at Dinah while Dinah smiled innocently and walked over to her "Surprise Mani".

"I don't even know how to dance to this music but the food is good", Normani told her.

"Don't sorry about that", Dinah told her smirking.

A while later...

Almost everyone is on the dance floor except for Keith, Normani and Dinah who don't have idea how to dance to this music. The song starts playing with the sound of a cell phone ringing and

"Somethin flava…Aventura …Hello…shh solo escuchaimmediately", everyone starts yelling wooh.

They are approached by a few people who stopped dancing after looking at them.

"Why arent you guys out there dancing you can't sit down to this song", the Latina curly headed girl told them while a her crew of two other people stood behind her.

"We don't know how to dance this" , Keith responded.

"Thats gonna change for all of you what your guy's names?"

"Im Keith this is my girlfriend Normani and her friend Dinah", Keith says pointing to them.

"Okay Keith and Normani follow my friend Mateo and Lulu over they're gonna show you and dont be shy have fun", she said pointing to them as they walked with them.

"Miss Dinah you'll be dancing with me my name is Leslie", she said grabbing Dinah's hand. "Okay you have a really pretty name"

( Back to Normani and Keith)

"Okay so its pretty easy its One Two Three step at Three you let your hip pop up just a bit but you must follow the rhythm of the song" said Lulu as she showed then with Mateo.

Normani and Keith started slowly dancing along a bit apart but Mateo stepped "You guys are doing okay but get closer and let your hips do the talking let them move along to the beat."

They got closer and immediately started dancing like if it was something they did all the time. Lauren was  nearby with a man dancing she saw and yelled "HEYYYY GET ITTT GIRLL MOVE THEM HIPS".

The song continues and they keep dancing along while everyone sings along except for them at the distance Dinah is also dancing like never before with a group of people switching up on partners.

The song then changes to Promise and the vibes slow down a bit Normani and Keith get closer and slow down the speed going along to the song. Every noise is drowned out by Romeo Santos voice singing 

"He perdido el balance por tu amor,
En tus manos yo caí, tienes control sobre mi
Tu cuerpo es la cárcel y yo un prisionero
Y jamás quiero salir, condenado soy feliz."

They dance closely together and as the song go on time has frozen and they're the only ones dancing while everyone is staring in awe. Captain Dinah is recording the whole time the song slowly comes to an end and they kiss while everyone claps.

"Oh my goodness what happened", Normani asked rushing to take a seat nervously.

"You guys were amazing Im surprised you never danced that before you were like pros everyone was shook", Dinah said excitedly sitting next to Normani.

"It was easy Normani is a natural and the moment felt so good", Keith said taking the other seat next time Normani wrapping his arms around her.

"Yeah it was like time stopped I don't even know how I was able to dance like that", Normani said smiling at Keith.

"Well I had fun with a bunch of Leslie's friends we switched up on partners we were living", said Dinah getting some Horchata.

Leslie walked up to Dinah while  the dance floor lit up and everyone heard

"Ay vida mia"

"Dinah I was wondering do you know how to dance a cumbia?", she said dancin in place.

"No", Dinah said looking at her.

"Well my friend Lalo was wondering if you wanted to learn and dance with him?", Leslie said as a tall muscular guy walked forward.

"Don't mind if I do", Dinah said getting up and following Lalo to the dance floor.

"Im sorry to disturb y'all but you at a party its time to dance not to sit" Leslie said to Keith and Normani.

They got up and Leslie taught them to dance and they got the hang of it. They then learn more and more songs spending the whole night dancing.

12 Am rolls around and people are leaving others are dancing Keith and Normani finally get off the dance floor.

"You guys are all fast learners", Lauren says holding some Jamaica.

"Omg they have Jamaica here where is it?", Dinah says walking with a guy.

"Over there with all the again frescas", Lauren responded pointing to jugs with different juices.

"Yeah Im tired", Normani says as she takes a seat down.

"Im gonna get us some drinks babe", says Keith walking to the drinks.

"I have had so much fun y'all", Ally says sitting down with the girls.

"Yeah me too I never had so much fun", said Normani.

"And Dinah looks like she got herself a boo", Lauren says jokingly looking at Dinah with her friend Lalo.

"Yes maybe Captain Dinah might get her own ship", Keith said walking with two drinks.

Lauren, Normani, and Ally laugh at the thought of that.

"Imagine that our lil Dinah in her own ship", Ally said with a bubbly attitude.

The dj starts packing up and they go back home. Everyone heads up to Normani's room which basically their home now since they always are there.

"So Dinah moment of truth you got a new boo thang?",  Normani asked.

"Why you so nosey Mani and maybe", Dinah said smirking.

"I just wanna know about Captain Dinah's other ship", Normani said laughing.

"Okay then but someone else needs to be the captain of this ship", Dinah says falling back on the bed dramatically.

"Ooh Im the captain", said Lauren jumping up.

"Okay girl well I'm gonna need a lot of help from you"

"I wanna be co-captain", said Ally

"Yeah you too cuz both you Latinas so you can help me"

SK - I wanna kind of make a story of Dinah dating a latino that would be so cute what do you guys think?

Was Keith and Normani dancing  Promise like their wedding dance? like everyone was watching. 😏😏

This chapter was inspired by my real life a bit since I'm latina and see a lot of Spanish lovs brewing with Bachatas and all the rest of the many  genres hope you enjoyed it.