[Chapter Zero]

Chapter dedicated to StephC98 for the story cover. :)     

   The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
                                                    -Stephen King

Prologue

When I was a little girl and I thought about how my life would be when I grew up, I never once imagined it would turn out to be the living hell that I'm stuck in daily, at least not this living hell.

But there were certain things I always knew my life would be; It would be lonely and fake. My parents lived for appearances so I was always used to having to spend hours to get ready to go to some event where everyone else there cared only about impressing those around them.

My parents were lawyers but they were also very into social circles, especially my mother and with the money they had they thought it made them better than the rest of the world.

Even if someone had more money my parents would dismiss is and called them stuck up saying they never worked for their money which was just insane coming from them. Sure they worked but they had no right calling anyone stuck up.

For years I sat through these, I was raised by nanny's and maid after I turned six and my parents only cared to talk to me in public or to yell at me about something.

Since I was a little girl I knew that there was a plan for me. I needed to get good grades in the classes they chose, date the boys that would make the family look good, learn instruments that would be deemed classy and never speak out of line.

I kept every opinion I had to myself because I knew what would happen if I didn't. My father never went for the face; that would show; it was always the stomach where I could wear any outfit and it would remain covered.

When I turned fourteen my parents had become friends with another lawyer with a son a few years older than me and the rest was their choice from there. My parents wanted the power that came with his father and so I was what they used to get it.

With the two of us dating and his father clueless to how my family really was, it wasn't hard to smile and pretend I loved being with him at first, but as the time went on I began to really like him.

He was nothing like my family and I thought he was kind like his father. He was respectful and he opened doors for me. He took my on fun dates not just expensive dinners and he took his time earing my trust.

After a few months I didn't have a problem with how my family paired us together, for the first time in my life I had hope that I could get out of here and live a happy life. I thought that he cared for me and would take me away from it all.

I had confessed parts of how my family was to him a couple nights and he told me he understood and that it would all be okay, he would protect me.

It seems weird to some that I was fifteen and he was nearing twenty but our families didn't mind and neither did I.

With my life, I was always expected to act older than I was and to grow up quick. I felt like an adult and that's the way they were willing to treat me. My parents seemed sickly happy things were going well and they pushed us together every chance they got.

I would even go so far to say that I loved Than; he was the most perfect and charming guy and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend until one day that illusion was shattered.

That's all it was after all; an illusion.

He wasn't the guy I spent months thinking he was and I didn't know it now, but I would spend years of my life under his control and sadistic ways and the rest of it either in hell or misery.

I can't pinpoint when it really got bad, I guess it had been bad all along; but I know that each time I believed him when he said he would never do it again and I forgave him until one day I was done and It got worse, I was stuck drowning in the pain he brought and there was no way out.

So this one i'm really going to try to make into a short story, and it's just going to be what happened to her with Than, it's not going to be HORRIBLY in depth like most of mine, but it will give an understanding about it.