[Chapter Eleven]

"Never let a man put his hands on you without your permission.”
                                                          ― Melda Beaty

Chapter Eleven

I let the news of me leaving die down because he had been watching me like a hawk, which included stalking. Was there a law this guy hadn’t broken except murder which may change if he found me.

It was a terrible month, the threat of me leaving him made him even more violent with me and I thought he would actually kill me one of these times. I was so close to begging for death but I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of it.

I was already damaged at best. No one could love me after what they had done to me. I would spend hours looking at myself in the mirror. They’ve broken and bruised ribs, I broke my wrist ‘falling’ down the stairs and I have little white lines all across my body.

The scaring on my upper thighs were the worst but he found out slicing at my sides was more painful and that gave him more satisfaction. The ones on my back were the worst because I couldn’t reach them to bandage them properly so they took a long time to heal.

He was getting cockier with it and one day I packed up what I may need and while he was at work I left. I didn’t leave a note or anything. First stop was a pawn shop to sell my ring to get some money and then I was headed to the bus station to catch the first bus I could find.

I didn’t plan that because it was like if I decided on a place he would know it, I left that up to chance. I was rushing towards the bus station when a hand wrapped around my mouth and pulled me into an ally, it was dark and I was alone in Seattle, I knew I should have left sooner.

“You think you can run away from me?” I stopped screaming, kicking and struggling when I heard his voice. The pure fear was enough to make sure of that. He tossed me against the wall and I hit my head hard. I touched my palm to the place it made contact and felt blood.

“Than.” I whispered

“I told you I would beat you within an inch of your life for this.” he stepped forward and I cowered back as he switched the blade out and stalked towards me.

“Please don’t.” I cried as my back pressed into the corner and he smirked

“Oh I’m not going to kill you; you’ll be back home with me before you know it honey.” He slashed at my arm, a place he never did before because it was visible to the public. I cried out in pain as he did it again and then I collapsed to the ground and held my stomach as I felt the excruciating pain there.

“Hey!” someone yelled and he glared down at me

“We’re not finished.” He yanked the knife out and ran off, the guy almost chased after him but he ran to me instead. I heard him asking questions but I couldn’t reply. I looked down to see my shirt soaked in blood. The guy grabbed something and pressed it to my stomach as he held his phone up to his ear.

Everything was fading even though the man told me to keep my eyes open. I didn’t mind this guy touching me, he seemed nice.

I don’t remember if I prayed to be okay or for me to die but dying seemed like a better option right now.

I woke up four days later in the hospital, my stomach bandaged and stitches in my arms. My head was killing me and then the last person I ever wanted to see was standing in front of me.

“Oh baby, I’m so glad you’re okay.” He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm and I looked down to see the ring on my hand again and I was furious.

“What is this?” I picked the ring off my hand

“I found your ring, the robber pawned it. You were mugged by some random stranger, didn’t you hear?” he smirked again and I lost it. I grabbed it and threw it as hard as I could at him

“You’re a sick sadistic freak and I’d rather you kill me before I put that fucking thing back on my finger. I’m not marrying you, I will never marry you!” I yelled and he chuckled

“You don’t have a choice honey; it’s either marriage or death.” he threatened. He'd already gotten bold enough, he's never done anything like that, especially in public and it was risky on his part. 

I knew if i tried to leave again he would actually kill me that time.

“I hope you rot in hell.” Were the last words I spoke. After that it was like I couldn’t speak, it didn’t matter anyways because no one ever listened.