eight →

the pair sat in a small restaurant, skimming over menus in silence. occasionally, niall would glance over the top of his menu and look at the beautiful girl in front of him.

"i have an idea," niall finally said, breaking the ice between the two.

"yes?" aubrey answered softly.

"how about we order for each other? that way we can like, you know, order healthy stuff for each other ...." Niall scratched the back of his neck, slightly flustered.

"erm, okay." aubrey replied, playing with her bracelets.

"stop avoiding conversations aubrey. im trying to help you." niall whispered at her.

aubrey again avoided him by scanning over the menu again, before deciding the best choice for the boy.

"are you ready to order?" a waitress appeared at their table.

aubrey glanced over at niall for confirmation, and he nodded.

"yeah-um," he blushed glancing at the pretty waitress. "could we get a caesar salad, a box of fries and a small coffee?"

i spoke up, "make that two salads, and a glass of water. low fat dressing."

the waitress nodded, before walking off.

niall glanced over at aubrey, "we ordered the same thing pretty much."

aubrey glanced back down at her hands, "great minds think alike?"

niall smiled softly, reaching over to grab her hand. "they sure do."