Chapter 4- A kiss

Draco tried to look her in the eyes; they were brown, dark brown, a shade that reminded him of milk chocolate. Her hair was the same colour and a little curly, he could observe.

The night could have continued perfectly, but one thought kept buzzing through his head. She was gorgeous, she must have had a boyfriend. But who was he? Who was she?

'I don't think your boyfriend would be happy if he saw us,' Draco said, spinning on the dance floor.

She laughed, a crystalline laugh, like bells in the wind. 'I don't have one. But wouldn't your girlfriend be mad if she saw us?'

'I don't have one,' he replied, feeling his heart beating faster. Maybe he still got a chance.

'Then no one will be upset if I do this.'

The beat of the bell announced midnight, a new year, a new beginning. Maybe that was what she wanted from Draco. When she pulled him into a kiss, it didn't even matter who she was. A Mudblood? A Hufflepuff? Draco didn't care.

They parted and Draco felt his arms heavier. When he opened his eyes, he found himself alone in the crowd, dreaming a girl who kissed him and whom he kissed. "Was it even real?" he asked himself, then turned around.

A blood-red wave near the doors caught his eyes.