Chapter 5- Good news

'Did you hear the news?'

Pansy entered the Common Room, with her lips arched into a smile. She sat on the couch, next to Blaise, and put her arms around his neck.

'What news?' Blaise put his book down and looked at her.

'A lot of students danced with strangers last week. McGonagall said that we have to wear our masks tomorrow.'

Draco tried to look unimpressed. If he was alone in the room, he would have smiled and probably laughed. He just couldn't forget the girl, her brown eyes, her curly hair, her soft lips... He had dreamed about her all the week. Despite his hopes, nobody came to him and introduced herself as the "blood-red dress girl".

'Didn't you two go together?' he asked.

'Well, yes, but I thought it was good news. I thought you wanted to find out who that girl is.'

'What girl?'

She knew? And she was calm, that was surprising. "She's with Blaise now," Draco reminded himself.

Pansy rolled her eyes. 'Don't do that, Draco. You know what I mean.'

'Also,' Blaise intervened, 'I'm as curious as you are. What if she's a Mudblood? Or not from Slytherin.'

Before Pansy could answer, Draco replied, anger clear in his voice. 'I don't care what she is. It really doesn't matter anymore.'

He didn't even know where that came from. Did he think so before? He doubted it. He always despised Mudbloods and other houses, especially Gryffindor. So why...? He recalled the ball night, when she kissed him. All his thoughts melted and only two remained: "I don't care" and her kiss.

Pansy and Blaise remained silent.