Cavern

Monday 11:30pm

Today.. was dreadful. My life seems to be flat lining. My boss was yelling at me again, apparently a shelf in our housing area fell over. She seems to think it was me.
Besides that I seemed to have lost my I.D. card. I don't know where I last left it, but it seems to have disappeared shortly after I arrived to work. Geez, when did this all start. It's complete BS... I just need to rest.
Maybe if I take a nap, I'll feel better...
______________________________________

*Drip, Drip, Drip*

I gently get off the ground, sitting up right, resting my body on my knees. Letting out a groan, I rub my back. It still hurts. Darkness, it's the first thing I notice about this place. I can't see anything. I lift my hand to the area I believe to be the ceiling.
Nothing...
I can't even seem to make out the shape of my hand...
I take a couple breaths. I feel around the floor, wondering where I am. Solid, flat, yet very jagged. I crawl around abit. It seems I didn't carry a back pack wherever I am. I feel around my body.
Nothing...
I'm not wearing anything. I'm naked in the darkness.
Why? Why and I naked? Why is it dark?... my thoughts get disrupted by the sound of water. It's resonating tone tells me it's a bit away.

*Drip, Drip, Drip*

It's not 100% running water, but water at that

It's not 100% running water, but water at that. I start moving to the sound.
For some reason I don't walk there, it seems I decided to crawl. I spread my fingers moving my self forward. I stopped and stretched my fingers.
Did they get longer?

I let the tip of each nail touch my palm. Long, cold, and sharp.. I gently scratch the ground hearing the eerie long screeches left in its wake. I continue forward. As I proceed I can't hello but notice saliva dripping from my mouth. I flick my tongue out of my mouth trying to stop my drooling.

I stop, feeling sharp jagged teeth run across my tongue

I stop, feeling sharp jagged teeth run across my tongue. I pull my hands up to my face. Feeling my teeth pierce my fingers. I scream as I feel my blood run into my mouth. I stop and perk my head up. I listen for the echo. In the distanc. Resonating through the water was a faint shriek. I perch on my legs sniffing around me. The air was perfumed with the blood that continued to spill out of my fingers.

I take another deep breath letting the aromas come in to me. The water, my blood, the wet rocks, the dry sand. All of it seemed normal... but just as I finished a faint scent of blood crossed my path, blood that wasn't my own. I felt my eyes grow big, as my mouth began to water. What had gotten into me. I let out a high shriek. A shriek that thundered through the abyss.
I don't know what else was bleeding...
But it was making me hungry...

I crawled fast against the floor. It was as if I could see, without seeing. Jagged rocks, long pillars of stone, endless holes in the walls. I smelt the blood. It was strong and pungent. I moved faster. I barred my teeth as I got closer. I couldn't contain myself. I let out another blood curling high pitched shriek. I could hear it the fear riding into my preys body. I jumped out letting my teeth sink into my preys neck as I land on the ground.

The blood, the warm blood that ran into my mouth was perfect. I tore at it's flesh... rippin.. tearing... feasting on my prey...

What's wrong with me?

I consume more, and more of my prey. Eating it down to the bone.

I'm still hungry. I growl sniffing around. Finally I notice light shining into the abyss, and below it a child.. a young girl no older them 6.. crawling trying to get away from something... I must've eatwn what she was afraid of... I somewhat felt proud.

Little girl...

I'm surprised by the tone of my voice. Deep and strained, I sound like a feral animal who's just learned to make words.. I move closer to the girl. I no longer try to speak, for fear that it only scare her more. I draw closer to her my hands coming into light.

Ill and unformed. My hands were long and thin with razor sharp nails. My skin had become so pale, the shade of snow.. I moved closer. My concern for the child growing more, as I wonder what it was that scared her so much... I reach out to her... and I couldn't help it, something deep down inside started to take control. A small tear ran down my face, as the smell of blood filled my nostrils. It was then that I realized why she was scared, what she was running from. This young girl in her pink coat and small white boots, had one big fear at the moment.... and that fear was me...

I no longer felt in control of my body... As if I had become an apparition. I looked and watched in horror as my body began to consume the child. All I could remember was the blood... So much blood... A life I had taken.

I couldn't look away I watched this body of mine consume every inch off flesh of the child...

The body stopped and perched on its hind legs as it sniffed the air. I watched it turn to me. From deep within it's lifeless body came two bright red lights that peared at me.

It started making it's way to me. The red lights grew brighter and brighter till my vision was engulfed by nothing but that color. I screamed and yelled...
______________________________________

Tuesday 11:30am

The sound of my own screams awoke me, as my eyes opened to the bright light of the sun. I shivered, and touched my face on the right side of my face... was a single tear...

What the hell is going on...