''I was just saying 'Hey'...''

''-and this is your timetable for week 1. Your locker number is 306. If you have any problems just come find a member of staff. Have a good day!'' Principle Harris had finally finished his never-ending tour. He held out a deathly pale hand out to me and I wrapped it in mine. I now stood alone in an empty hallway. I was sort of scared to knock on the door, I heard that being late can get you in a lot of trouble like detention or something. I know what you're thinking? Have I never been to a school before? No, I was always home schooled. Even as a child. My dad thought that if I had more free time then I could be able to model more. It worked out pretty well...for him! Now I'm not complaining- I love the people I work with, It's just everything else. My hands shakily reached for the door. Pushing it, my heel clicks echoed in the now silent room. It was happening again.

''Is this,'' I looked back down at the white sheet in my hand. ''Biology?'' My voice came out quieter than usual. Most people in the class nodded at me as if I were Jesus who had just returned to earth again. ''Yes! Welcome, If you'd like to find a spare seat...'' A tall lady with brown hair with tan skin wore the kindest smile I have ever seen before. It was so...sincere! I smiled back, mumbling a quick thank you before taking a seat on the third row next to...Alice!? ''Alice?'' I whispered to her whilst the teacher, Mrs Clark, were teaching about DNA. Alice didn't seem to hear me. I rolled my eyes and yanked out her earphone. ''Hey!'' She looked up fierce yet shocked when she saw my smirk. ''Ms Pickett, Is there a problem?'' My hand had found it's way around my mouth to stop my giggles coming out. ''Uh-um, No! No! I was just saying hey to Emily!'' Well played Ali, well played. Mrs Clark just nodded and turned back to the chalk board. 

The bell soon rung and I gathered my things into my bag. ''Remember! Your project on DNA will be presented in 3 weeks.'' I didn't bother to write it down, I would probably just partner up with Alice. Everyone got out of their seats. Quickly aiming for the door. I never knew school could be this brutal. Alice helped me by grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the sea of teenagers. ''Well that was fun!'' I dusted off my dress. She just laughed at me. She had always gone to school so she was used to this. ''So my lockers down there. I'll meet you at yours?'' I nodded.