Winter meets spring

Winters pov

I was sitting at my desk working on paperwork for school about some sort of trip to the forest when the secretary knocked on my door. "Ma'am the applicants are here." I smiled looking up. "Send them in." I stood up. The secretary left and a few minutes later in walked Mark first. He was a pilot for delivering troops to fight grimm until he got his leg ripped off by a flying grimm. He now wears a prosthetic leg. He uses standard military weapons. But has no semblance. He was wearing the retired military uniform. He saluted me. I saluted back. He was about 20 to 29 years of age and was a good sight to look at. We also went out on a date once. It was alright.

"Congratulations on your new position ma'am." He said smiling.

"Thank you mark." I nodded my head to him as stacy the woman who had previous experience as a headmasters assistant. "Ah you must be stacy." She nodded. She was wearing a battle skirt, a long sleeve shirt, and plain shoes. She was had a revolver attached to her hip and has a semblance of creating a shield from her aura.

"Hello ma'am." She bowed. I nodded back.

"Hello." I said back. Then walked in the third applicant. He was wearing black hoodie, teal Polo shirt, black jogging pants, blue shoes. He had a sword within a quiver of arrows attached behind his hip. He was about 5'4'. He had dirty blond short-medium length hair. A scar on his bottom lip. But the most notable feature was his eyes. They were coral blue. They were beautiful. He seemed young for the wisdom that swam in his eyes. It was as if he was melting my frozen heart. Like when snow melts when spring comes along.

"Ma'am?" Mark asked snapping me out of my trance. "Everything okay?"

"Yes mark thank you." I then looked at all 3 of them. "Now do you know why I have requested your presence today?" Stacy was the first to raise her hand.

"To be your assistant." I nodded smiling.

"Correct I have asked you here to also prove you deserve the job." Mark and stacy looked concerned about that but Nathen stayed completely still with his arms behind his back standing at attention like a soldier. "Tomorrow I will ask you to face each other in combat. Be ready. You will be staying in the school for the night. My secretary will show you where you will be staying." Mark saluted me, stacy nodded, and Nathen didn't move. "Everyone dismissed." I said. Mark left first, followed by stacy, and as Nathen left the room last I checked out his ass. 'Not bad' I thought and sat back down getting to work.

Timeskip

Mark pov.

"So stacy why do you want the job?" I asked as the secretary lead us down the hall.

"Because it's a very good paying job and I like helping others." She stated smiling. "And why did you?"

"Oh to get closer to ms. Schnee. I actually like her a lot. I took her out on a date in the past and thought it went well." Stacy started teasing me. I looked behind us to see the emotionless kid. "Hey kid." He looked at me not moving his head. "Why are you doing this?" He looked ahead again not answering. "Okay. Kinda creepy." I muttered and continued to talk to stacy as we walked until we got to the rooms. We all got our own. I saw stacy wink at me before going into her room. Nathen nodded to me before going into his own room. I said good night to them. "I think I got the job in the bag." I smiled and laid down after changing.

Stacy pov

I was changing as I started thinking about mark. He was a really nice guy but was flawed in wanting the job. You should do something if you enjoy it. I sighed and laid down. That Nathen kid was so creepy. I mean not even a single sound the entire time. I started to fall asleep until I heard soft singing. I fell asleep before I could understand what is was.