17

first of all, someone wrote petekey on my hand in white out while i was asleep in science class and it won't come off lmao i don't mind

second of all,,,,,,,,, we ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hit, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1k ???? thank u all sm ily muffins you get a date night with mikey and pete

"so where is he taking you?" patrick asked, grinning at mikey, who rolled his eyes.

"he hasn't told me yet," mikey shrugged, and dallon chuckled, pushing his glasses up his face.

"what if it's like, really bad?" dallon asked, and mikey shrugged.

"oh well, then. at least he's trying," mikey giggled, and dallon laughed along with him. 

"shut up, you guys. i bet he's a romantic- oh! he better be a romantic," patrick said, and dallon flicked his nose. 

"shut up," dallon said, "let us appreciate that he might not be perfect." 

"no, he's perfect," mikey said, and dallon rolled his eyes at him. "okay, maybe not perfect. but he's really trying, and that's what matters, right?"

"yeah, sure," dallon said, and mikey threw a pillow at him. 

"pete's literally going to be here any minute, and you're not even dressed," patrick said, and mikey looked down at his smashing pumpkins shirt, and his ripped jeans, and then looked back up to patrick.

"what's wrong with this?" he asked, a whine threading through his tone, and then mikey's bedroom door swung open.

in the doorframe stood a tired looking gerard, with a blanket wrapped firmly around himself. "pete said to tell you he'll be in your room in, like, ten minutes."

"he's here?"

"yeah. but we're doing stuff, so. ten minutes." gerard sounded so sad.

"okay. love you," mikey said, and the corners of gerards mouth tipped up ever so slightly. 

"love you too," he said, turning around shutting the door.

"he looks like even more of a mess than you do," dallon said, and patrick hit his arm.

"wow, thanks," mikey grumbled, smiling at his friends.

"at least wear a button up, mikey, god," patrick threw three shirts and him, and mikey huffed but shrugged off his t-shirt and pulled a long-sleeved black button up on anyway, and dallon buttoned it up for him, because dallon had really nimble fingers and was good at that kind of stuff. 

"hey." mikey turned and- he grinned, because wow, pete looked good, and mikey was really happy he'd put a better shirt on, silently thanking patrick for being so persistent. 

"hey," mikey smiled meekly, watching as pete's eyes shamelessly scanned him and he blushed under his gaze. "you look nice."

"oh, go make out," dallon threw a pillow at mikey who giggled, and pete slid his hand into mikey's, tugging him out of the room.

"you don't look so bad yourself, you know," pete said, and mikey grinned at him.

"so, where're you taking me anyway?" he asked, and pete shrugged. 

"surprise. but first, i'm gonna take you to, like, mcdonalds," he said, and mikey rolled his eyes. "i'm serious! like, where else am i gonna get you food?" mikey laughed, and pete opened the car door for him. 

"alright, then." 

and then they finished their food after pete refused to not feed mikey his sundae, because "that's what you do on a date," apparently, and then he dropped ice cream onto mikey's black shirt, and then pete tried to lick it off and it ended up looking  a lot like a different kind of white substance. 

and then, pete drove mikey to a bridge to watch the sunset. 

"it's really pretty," mikey commented, gazing at the purple sky. their feet were dangling down over the edge of the concrete, and mikey was leaning on the safety rail, while pete leaned back and stared at him. 

"you're really pretty," pete replied, and mikey grinned at him, rolling his eyes. "like, seriously mikey. the most beautiful boy i've ever seen."

"shut up, pete."

"no, not until you believe me." he shifted closer, slinging an arm over mikey's shoulders and kissing his cheek. 

"god- fuck- i, pete, you can't just say that," mikey whined, and pete chuckled at him. 

"why not?" 

"because it just makes me- nevermind," mikey said quickly, and pete nudged him with his shoulder, still watching mikey intently. 

"it makes you what?" 

"no- i- you don't feel the same way," mikey said, and pete grinned at him.

"bet'cha i do."

"whatever," mikey giggled, and then pete was kissing him and it was so deep and strong and mikey fucking mewled? what the fuck was that, and pete was chuckling and leaving little kisses all over mikey's prettypretty face.

"i love you, mikeyway," pete said, and mikey's ears began to burn, searing hot and he was grinning stupidly, and then he kissed pete again, because that was really- wow. pete loved him. mikey was content. 

for now.