Broken Glass

Beam shock didn't last long --- and neither did Forth's hug. After about ten seconds in, Beam roughly pushed Forth away, anger and disgust in his eyes. "Shit, Forth! Do you think I'll fall into your arms that easily after you fucking left me?!"

Forth couldn't help but stare sadly into Beam's eyes. "You might not believe it, Ai'Beam --- but I am sorry. There's so much I need to tell you---"

"Don't." Beam snapped. He grabbed the empty glass of water and pushed the covers off his body. "Just stay the hell away from me."

Beam glared at Forth one more time before getting out of bed and out the door.

Forth sighed sadly and rubbed the place where Beam had been sitting. "I'd take you being mad at me over anything else," he said quietly, "Being mad means you still care."

--

Beam was standing outside with his back to the door, listening to Forth talk to himself. You're right, Ai'Forth. I wish I could stop making myself care about you.

Beam looked up and saw that the living room was empty. "Where did everybody go?"

He frowned and narrowed his eyes. I see somebody plotting something - and his name probably starts with Wa and ends in Yo.

--

"I don't like this idea of yours, N'Yo." Phana muttered, tugging Wayo close to him as he almost walks into another person. "Watch where you're going,"

Wayo shuffled closer to Phana with an innocent smile. "Which idea? Going shopping in this nearby village?"

"Tsch, don't play dumb. I know you only asked us to go with you so Ai'Forth and Ai'Beam could have time to themselves."

"I am neither affirming nor denying anything," Wayo replied smoothly, grabbing Phana's hand and tugging him over to table selling bracelets. "Want to get matching ones?

Phana sighed in defeat. "I am never going to win an argument with you, am I?"

Wayo grinned cutely. "Nope."

Phana pointed at a pair of string bracelets in dark blue. "Those are nice."

Wayo nodded and took Phana's wrist. "Let's see it on you." He tied the bracelet securely and smiled at the woman selling them. "We'll take two!"

Kit, who had been watching the exchange between the two, walked over to them and gave Phana's shoulder a pat. "You better get used to losing, Ai'Pha. Wayo is the one person in this world you can't say no too."

Phana was a little red at Wayo tying the bracelet on his wrist and gave the blue string a weak tug. "Hmm?"

Kit shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Never mind. You've obviously got it bad. To think that I thought that after three years of being an official couple, your honeymoon phase would pass --- apparently not."

Phana was looking at Wayo with a glazed look over his eyes. "How can I, when he looks like that?"

The mid-afternoon sun was shining on Wayo's smiling face as he paid for his and Phana's bracelet. He looked like, as cheesy as it may sound, a glowing angel.

"You've. Got. It. Bad." Kit enunciated.

"Yes, yes, my best friend is the cutest thing on Earth," Ming said, wrapping an arm around Kit and Phana's shoulders. "Can we go back to the hotel now? I want to go for a swim! The beachfront is private so we'll most likely be the only ones there since it's off season."

Kit shrugged Ming's arm off. "We can go swimming but you're wearing the new swimsuit I got you."

"What?" Ming complained, making puppy eyes at Kit. "That has long sleeves! And long pants! I want to wear my trunks, na~"

"No," Kit replied, crossing his arms across his chest.

A thought suddenly passed through Ming's mind and he grinned. "Aww~ is my precious P'Kitty protecting my honor?"

"What?! No!" Kit said quickly. "You-might get sunburned, that's all!"

Wayo smiled at Ming and Kit, his own blue bracelet now tied on his wrist. "Don't try to deny it, P'Kit. You're just worried that other girls might flock to Ming like the last time we went swimming and he was just in trunks,"

"Psh," Kit muttered, turning a vibrant shade of red.

Ming was grinning widely. "I'll wear the suit for you, P'Kit, if that's what you want."

"Whatever," Kit replied, still red, "Let's go back. It's getting hot and I think Ai'Beam might've killed Ai'Forth, by now,"

As Ming and Wayo led the way back to the hotel, Phana elbowed Kit's side lightly.

"What?" Kit asked his taller friend.

Phana grinned mischievously. "Guess I'm not the only one who's got it bad."

Kit glared at him.

--

Beam walked slowly towards the refrigerator for a drink. He was still feeling a little sluggish even after he'd already eaten and taken a short nap on the couch. Forth didn't come out of the room; he must've known Beam didn't want to talk to him yet.

Beam looked around the empty kitchen to look for glass and came up empty. "I wonder where the drinking glasses are?"

He opened the drawers and finally found a set of crystal ones in the top shelf. He stood on his tip toes and tried to read for a tumbler but failed. He sighed and cursed his short stature. I hate my genes. Why do I have to be so small. Not as small as N'Yo though...

Beam was too lazy to drag a chair to the kitchen and decided to jump for the glass instead - a stupid idea. He braced himself and leapt up, managing to get a hold of the glass. However, it was still a little slippery and the glass fell, crashing on the counter and on the floor.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Beam exclaimed, grabbing the marble counter and quickly stepping away from the mess. "Ow!"

He looked at his hand and saw a few cuts; there were pieces of glass on the part of counter that he had grabbed on too. "Just great,"

Forth heard the commotion outside and peeked out of the door, "Ai'Beam? Is everything alright?"

The engineer saw Beam with a bloodied hand and he rushed over. "What happened?"

"I broke a glass," Beam said, motioning his injured hand to the floor, "I wonder how much that thing was,"

Forth knitted his eyebrows together and grabbed Beam's wrist, his fingers dripping blood on the floor. "That doesn't matter. Come on, let me help you,"

Because Beam was still tired from this morning and didn't want to instigate another fight, he let himself be pulled to the sink and his hand placed under running water.

"You should be more careful," Forth said quietly, gently washing Beam's hand with water and checking for glass. "...I don't like seeing you get hurt."

Beam looked away and stared at the setting sun, "It's too late for that, isn't it?"

Forth went quiet. All that was heard in the suite was the sound of running water and the heavy silence between the ex-lovers.

A sigh. "There's a first aid kit in the bathroom; go get it and help me bandage my hand," Beam said finally, to break the silence.

Forth looked at Beam, still holding his hand. Forth gently ran his thumb over Beam's palm before letting it go. "Okay. Go sit by the couch. I'll be back soon."

As Forth let his hand go, Beam felt an emotion he hadn't felt for a long time.

Longing.

Beam closed his uninjured hand into a fist tightly and held back the tears that were threatening to fall.

I hate you, you asshole.

But I've missed you so much.

--

A/N: THE ANGST! THE ANGST! Sorry for the late update~ We get to see a little bit of Beam's feelings in this one. Hopefully and Forth will make up soon (so we can get to the sappy happy parts!)

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and likes. They really keep me going. :)