Chapter 1: The Ghost

~Eight Years On~

The youth held his breath as he came upon the mighty vessel -- The Ghost. Taking bitter sigh he reminded himself why he was setting upon this journey.

The flood of thoughts and memories came immensely, but he willed himself to courage.
Courage entailed doing what needed be amidst foul odds and profound fears.

Elreal had rounded his endeavours with his dead masters materials, and took resolute for a faring. His master studies aided him meaning to the map -- points and locations, of which were hinted by the lord. Eight years was just that much time to gather sense of it all.

From all, he had come to an understanding that the lords dying charge needed him sail across a great waters. His adventures and travels were in fact compelling him now unto sail to a place called Aphrida. Where ever the place was, he would find it.

Panic kept creeping in mind. He closed his eyes and thought of his teacher -- a famous Lord who had been murdered in his castle, yet the towns people had done nothing to see to justice.

This was bigger than him now. His choice didn't matter. In over eight years he had been a strong target by a fine class of mercenaries. With or without the fortune the Key unlocked, he would yet remain their target. He could as well just go along with the adventure and claim price for himself, and get uphold his Lords dying desire.

Elreals broad chest shot from his black silk sleeved tunic. His black hair was neatly tended, and shone brightly beneath the strong morning sun. The beautiful smell of the atmosphere, as the rushing breeze ran through each part a body, was delectable. The birds whistled sweetly amidst the open skies. A deep exhale by the young man from it all showed a sense of satisfaction for the morning warmth.

His garb was syrange....it was far from that of an Eastern man. It was intentional. For years he had guised himself to have hailed from any place but his hometown. This was in fact part of his style to evade suspicion. It was logical to be anything but who he truly was.

On his waist hung to a strap the pair of blade handed him by the lord -- his sole aid since the past years. The twin-blade were buried in respective scabbard...and even in the darkness wherein they laid, they still bolstered his guts.

A simple backpack stuffed his possessions. Spare cloths, a small plate, jar of tea leaves, a small knife, a flint, his map handed him by the lord, and a journal to fill during his journey and other things of importance.

They had been welcomed on board by the Captain -- Captain Helsher. The welcome speech was comely. The Captain was bold and overly confident. This sail would indeed go well.

The Captain was fortunate to have his tales travel the mouth and ears of storytellers and gossips alike. The sea veteran was no older than Captain Homdrey, another character for which fate had been fortunate to bind Elreal with in the past years...his professionalism and tales no inferior too. Such vessel as the Great Ghost could only be wielded by an expert on the sea.

Though the moments be far gone, the accolade remained rooted. Be it fable or not... Elreal was now more than enthusiastic to see verity to these tales himself...the dexterity of this Captain Helsher.

With a deep sigh he casted his eyes to the heavens. They had left him too long. He wondered even if any of his prayers did ever reach the mystery dimension. What did he care, he had made his choices anyways.

They had left the docks of Dephos and set sail for Phylidia -- a famous city of the Prython Province. It was a Southern course, and they were expected to dock within eight moons, but the adept Captain had promised six.