Chapter 15: Broken Rebellion - 002

A rush of chants and stamping of feet surged into ears...the absurdity becoming only more profound by the moment. Each member of the crew took to alarm, seizing their choice tool for defense, this time as the chants evolved into guttural cries...and then beings materializing.

Elreal's majors were as well alarmed: Jerther with each hand baring a pistol, and Zar' fingers locked to the goose feather end of his projectile, while having another hand locked firmly to his bow.

But the current Elreal took this current development differently. Here he was only moments ago battling with a resolve on Ander' rebellion, and like a dream the fool had come to him. With gladness he embraced this moment.

Blades pointed brilliantly to the jugular of each hostage, Ander's men were sure to use their leverage to its fullest without making an error.

As they drew nearer, Elreal assessed them briskly. They were looking much different from the last time he had set eye on them. From his brutal evaluation, they should have been in starvation for no less than five good days. He could smartly put reason to why they had finally showed up. They were hungry and tired of the mindless crusade.

But even in defeat, they still dared act strong
For this, Elreal gave his applaud.

  "Elreal!" Ander barked, showing his true nature -- a dog!

  "Elreal! Elreal! Elreal!" He cried coldly, whilst Elreal and his majors made their way through the violently glaring ship men to the front.

  "Ander!" Elreal called once before the lunatic.

  "We have come with the hostages so you can believe they are still alive. Now hand us what we need and death shall come to no one."

  "Ander, even a blind man can see this fight is over. You dare threaten to take fellow shipmates life before us all. How then do you hope on gaining the hearts of this one's." Elreal spoke while making gesture to the disdainful gazing men.

Their countenance held fire and bitterness for Ander, and their glower was profoundly evident.

  "Let us end this; you and me." Ander suddenly called out.

Though Elreal seemed at first, a bit muddled by what Ander was implying, he yet knew this decision wasn't pure Anders thinking.

  "What are you proposing Ander? " Elreal asked.

  "I challenge you Elreal, for the seat of Captain of this vessel, haven laid few rules down." He spoke.
  "One! No one interrupts the fight. Two! We must make an oath under the heavens, that whoever wins has the rule of the Ghost, and everyone here would bare witness." Ander finished.

  "Why are you doing this?" Elreal's lowered tone shoved out in sincerity.

  "What? Too scared now to take me on a simple fight? Consider your audience before you make a decision." The mad man spat.

   Anders platter were yet inciting. But if Elreal was fighting the man, it wasn't because it was the last option to end this madness. But a refusal to direct confrontation as this spoke poorly of a leader as himself. It showed nothing more but weakness and incompetence - all of which Elreal was none.

   "If I fight you Ander and yet win, how am I certain you would keep to your word and allow these hostages walk free."

   "By the heavens I swear it." Ander told swiftly, palming his open fist to his chest."

  "Then I accept to fight you Ander." Elreal declared, actuating instantly the thunder of chants from the sea men.

  In the moment the mariners of either party cheered like wild dogs and cleared ground,  Ander had drawn out two blades from his scabbard. Elreal responded to his action by pulling out his own device; the same weapon Lord Paltiel had handed him.....a pure Moongthon steel.

    "First blood or to the death?" Elreal voiced suddenly, twirling with swagger his blade.

   Absurdly broke out Ander' guttural cry......that singular action was enough to answer Elreal - it was indeed to the death.

   Ander leaped forward suddenly like an arrow with a fiercely bolt speed. He began an extremely fierce attack with power as the tide, as he stabbed furiously like lightening at his contender.
   Elreal was yet in right position to wane down this strike, even though he had been pushed back by the cruel force of his assailant.