Chapter 16

Colby's POV: 

I could sit there for years with her in my arms, I thought. Pulling my arms tighter around her as she hid her face in my neck. We were both a little scared, and definitely unprepared, but for some reason things seemed to be falling into place. 

Sam sat up, stradding my lap while toying with the dog tag around my neck. I smiled absent mindedly watching her fingers, when suddenly a glint of metal caught my eye. I grabbed her hand and carefully turned the ring to see it was the exact one I had lost the week before.

"You found it?" I questioned still half cradeling her hand. 

Sam smiled half heartedly. Pressing her lips together. "Yes I found it about a week ago. I was going to give it back, but we wernt talking so I just kept it there so I wouldn't lose it. It was all that I had left of you." 

I shook my head. "It looks better where it is than it ever looked on me." 

Sam looked up. 

"And I wasn't gone. I was always here. I just didn't know what to do. You know?"  I continued turning the ring to face the right direction on her hand. 

Sam smiled, "I'm glad Corey stole our keys." 

I smiled back. "Me too, Sam. Me too."

A/N: I know this is super short, but I have another one to post directly after so bare with me. I love you guys!