Chapter 2: Not Caroline

Caroline Forbes

As I walk back to the party I sense someone following me.

"Don't you have anything better to do than follow me all night?" I say.

"No, I actually don't love. I've been informed by miss Elena that you need your humanity back because your nothing without it and I quite agree with her," he says.

"Well looks like you're going to have to try harder," I say and walk out of the party into the dark night.

Niklaus Mikaelson

As she walks out I stalk back up to the balcony and start thinking of a new plan. She won't just turn it back on if I ask her to. Something has to trigger it but what will I ask myself.

The next day I realized what would trigger it. I called Elena hoping I was right.

"Hello, Klaus."

"Elena I just realized what could trigger Caroline's humanity but I don't know if it will work or not," I say

"Okay, what exactly will trigger it?"

"What if I finally tell her that I love her," I ask slightly afraid of what she's going to say. She's silent for a while.

"Klaus that just might work. You need to try it right now. Please."

"I will. I promise you this Elena. I will get Caroline back with her humanity. Bye," I say.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how grateful I am. Even after every bad thing, you have done I forgive you. Goodbye."

I go through my contacts until I find Caroline but pause with my finger over the call button. Should I do this I wonder what if it doesn't work and she disappears off the face of the Earth and we can't find her. I finally make up my mind and press the call button. It rings two times before she picks up.

"Yes, Klaus what can I help you with?"

"May I meet you for lunch love," I say.

"Wow I never thought Klaus Mikaelson could be polite and yes you can meet me for lunch."

"What time and place may I ask," I say.

"1 o'clock at The Lounge. Bye."

I put my phone back in my pocket and go to get ready for my "date" with Caroline Forbes.

Caroline Forbes

Wow, I can't believe Klaus just asked me on a date. Even with my humanity off, he can't resist me I thought. Now I just need to get ready.

"What to wear. What to wear," I say throwing open the door to my closet.

I dig through my closet until I find something suitable to wear. A black sundress showing a little cleavage, a black lingerie set, and a pair of peach pumps. I get in the shower and as soon as I get out I flash my clothes on and then flash to The Lounge.

Word count: 479