Chapter 17: Confrontation

Klaus Mikaelson

I pace outside of the door waiting for news from Bonnie about Caroline. Finally the door opens and Bonnie walks out.

"Is she okay," I ask running my hands through my hair.

"She's okay," she says. "Is there anyone who would want to hurt her Klaus?"

"Esther," I say starting to walk away.

"Esther?" she says and I turn around. "I thought she was dead."

"Stefan brought her back," I say and walk away.

Bonnie Bennett

I walk back into Klaus's room and Caroline is starting to stir.

"Where's Klaus," she asks looking around.

"He went after Stefan and Esther," I say.

"What? No Bonnie. He's going to get himself killed," she says trying to stand up.

"Care you have to rest," I say rushing over to her.

"I have to go after Klaus and stop him from getting himself killed. I can't lose him Bonnie," she says tears streaming down her face and I back away from her.

"Go," I say and she's gone.

Caroline Forbes

I take out my phone and dial Klaus's number while getting in my car. He picks up after the first ring.

"Klaus where are you," I say starting the car.

"I can't tell you that love because I know you will try to stop me," he says and hangs up the phone so I call Bonnie.

"Bonnie can you do a locator spell on Klaus please," I say starting to hyperventilate.

"Caroline calm down. I'm going to find him," she says and hangs up.

A few minutes later

My phone starts ringing and I answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Caroline he's in Mystic Falls," Bonnie says.

"Wha- what?" I manage to stutter out.

"That's where he is," she says.

"I'm sorry Bonnie but I have to go," I say hanging up. I pull the car over to the side of the road and get out. I grab everything I need and vamp speed all the way to Mystic Falls.

Klaus Mikaelson

My phone starts ringing and I look at the caller id. It's Caroline so I answer it.

"Klaus where are you," she says and I can hear her start a car.

"I can't tell you that love because I know you will try to stop me," I say and hang up. I put my phone in my pocket before heading inside The Grill. I sit down at the bar and Matt walks over to me.

"Klaus," he says his eyes widening. "I wasn't expecting you here."

"Just give me a glass of bourbon," I say and he walks away.

"Hello Klaus. What are you doing back in town," someone says sitting down next to me.

"You have some nerve showing your face around me Stefan,"I say a low growl in my voice. "Especially after what my mother did to Caroline."

"You don't deserve happiness Klaus so we decided to try and ruin your one happiness," he says standing up and walking out. "But apparently that didn't work because Bonnie just decided to swoop in."

"Why does everyone have a problem with me being happy?" I say starting to get angry.

"Because you've caused everyone else's unhappiness," he says and walks out.

I throw my glass across the room and it shatters.

"Um sir you're going to have to pay for that," a waitress says walking over to me.

"Clean it up and then forget what just happened," I say compelling her.

I hear the jingle of the door and turn around. Standing there is Caroline. She runs over to me.

"Caroline what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in New Orleans," I say staring into her eyes.

"Klaus you're gonna get yourself killed. I can't lose you," she says and the tears start falling. I wipe them away and kiss her.

"Well well what do we have here?" someone says and I turn to look at them.

"Esther," I say glaring at her.

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've had major writer's block. Here's a short chapter to make up for it.

Word count: 682