Chapter 25: Bad News

Caroline Forbes

When we get to Jenna's house I knock on the door.

"Care," Elena says pulling me in for a hug.

"Elena you barely just saw me yesterday," I say returning the hug.

"I know but you're leaving tomorrow and I'll miss you," she says and ushers us inside.

"Awe Elena I'll miss you to," I say.

"Caroline you're here," I hear Jenna say. I turn around and run into Klaus. He has a smirk on his face and I cross my arms over my chest.

"You did that on purpose," I say play glaring at him.

"I don't know what you mean love," he says trying to hide his smirk.

"You purposely stood there so I would run into you if I turned around," I say. "Don't try to deny it because I can see you trying to hide that smirk."

"Ok fine you got me," he says and kisses me.

"Caroline," I hear someone say behind Klaus.

"Stefan?" I ask pulling away from Klaus.

"Yeah it's me," he says and Klaus moves to my side.

"Are you still trying to kill Klaus?" I ask.

"No Esther betrayed me by trying to kill me," he says and Katherine comes to stand next to him.

"What is she doing here?" I ask and my eyes widen in shock when she kisses him.

"I love Katherine," he says putting an arm around her waist.

"Oh," I say.

"I'll let you two talk," he says and eyes Klaus. Klaus walks away giving us some privacy.

"So?" I say.

"I'm sorry," she says looking down at the floor.

"Sorry?" I ask.

"For everything I've ever done to hurt you and your friends," she says looking at me with sincerity in her eyes. "The second I realized I loved Stefan I realized everything I did to hurt you guys was wrong."

She looks back down at the floor and I stand there with tears in my eyes. She gasps in shock when I pull her into a hug but relaxes into it.

"Thank you," she says sighing into my shoulder.

Rebekah Mikaelson

When Bonnie and I get back from shopping I head up to my room. I'm just about to sit down on the couch downstairs when I hear a knock on the front door. When I open it I'm surprised to see Matt standing there.

MATT," I say and attack him with kisses.

"Okay that's enough sister," Kol says standing at the door with his arm around Bonnie's waist. "Don't want to suffocate the poor quarterback."

"Bonnie?," Matt asks looking at Bonnie. "You and Kol?"

"I never thought it would ever happen either," she says kissing Kol.

"Ew please no PDA between you and my brother in front of me please," I say covering my eyes.

"Awe come on Beks grow up," Kol says smirking.

"Oh shut up Kol," I say and turn to Bonnie. "Can you spell my room so no one can hear inside."

"Sure," she says. "Actually I should do that with everyone's room."