Fearless

Fearless

Sparks Fly Chapter: 2

MaineLove

I parked my silver Acura RSX in the empty parking space on my drive way. I fumbled with the many keys and keychains on the ring, before finding the right keys, shoving it in the slot and turning the lock. I pushed the door open at was met by my mothers gaze. She was sitting in the living room with a newspaper in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

“Hello honey,” she welcomed, setting her cup on the table in front of her.

“Hey mom,” I greeted, stepping into the living room and collapsing on to the couch.

“How was school?”

“It was great,” I answered simply. My mom sighed at my lack of interest and stood up from the couch and entered the kitchen.

“What do you want for dinner?” she asked, as my Blackberry made a familiar beeping sound in my pocket.

“I don’t know,” I answered, pulling out my pink phone and selecting the text. It was Zayn!

“Can u come?” I read. Just the three words instantly brightened up my face. Zayn wanted my to come over how wonderful.

“Um, mom I was wondering if I could go over to a friends tonight? Its just for a little while, we are just gonna study and stuff,” I mentioned trying my best to lie. Lying was something I was not good at what so ever, especially not with my mom. It felt extremely wrong to lie to my mother, but if I told her I was going to see a guy, she would have killed right on the spot. You see my mom has this phobia of men. She believes if I fall in love, I will only get hurt. Just like she did.

“Thats sound fun, whats her name,” she investigated.

Her name I did not think of that, “Her name is, um, Jamie,” I blurted the first name that came to mind. “She’s super smart and sweet, I was thinking she could help me with the stuff I’ve missed.”

“That’s great, just don’t stay out to long,” she approved, ruffling through the cabinets for something small and easy to eat. I almost jumped when she said yes, as I ran upstairs. I entered my creme coloured bedroom with many boxes and piles on things sitting in the corners. My room was large, and almost completely empty except a bed and a small nightstand in a corner. I opened one of the boxes that had clothes scribbled on the side. I shuffled through the neatly folded clothes. From tank tops and shorts to full sleeve shirts, I just couldn’t decide what to wear. I wanted to look sexy and efforts less all at the same time. A they say, you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. And my impression so far was good, and I wanted to keep that up.

I opted to wear a floral sundress, since the weather in Bradford was quite warm lately. And a creme coloured cardigan. I slipped on my flower flip flops, and added a tad bit of eyeliner around my eyes. As I pulled the elastic out, my hair spilled out of the previous bun and into large, shoulder length curls that went perfectly with the overall outfit. I spritzed on some hair spray before throwing my cellphone into my purse and heading down the stairs. I said a quick good bye to my mum before grabbing my keys and heading to my car.

I looked at the address on the small pice of paper Zayn had given me before. 1001 Abbotswoood close. I consulted my GPS, and in 35 minutes I had made it to 1001 Abbotswoood close, a very large, green and white house. If that was Zayn’s house, then he was pretty rich. The house looked like it had at least six bedrooms. I took a few deep breaths, as always, before ringing the door bell. Only to be greeted by Liam.

“Hello,” I greeted, surprise all over my voice.

“Hey, Victoria right?” he answered, sticking his hands in his pockets and leaning against the door frame relaxed.