Jump than Fall

Jump then Fall

Sparks Fly: Chapter 4

MaineLove

A week had slowly crawled by since Harry’s outburst of negativity towards my relationship with Zayn. I couldn’t put my finger on it but everything about Harry seemed to become bothersome, and not charming at all. But since then Zayn and I had grown much closer, after spending every day with him I had fallen faster than I had ever anticipated. It was as though Zayn sensed how uneasy the situation had made me, and became determined to take my mind off of it.

“Hey babe,” I heard Zayn’s silk smooth voice coming up behind me. His voiced raised slightly to comprehend the loud chatters of high school students in our crowded cafeteria. “You look exhausted!”

“Yeah I had to pull an all-nighter to finish my English report.” I explained, another tiring yawn escaping my mouth for the hundredth time. He pushed his tray of food aside to pull me in for a tight and much needed hug. Homework had majorly pilled up for me, the previous semesters assignments topped with this semesters had really taken it toll on my sleeping time.

“You shouldn’t be staying up all night,” he acknowledged sneaking kisses in between his words.

“Okay dad,” I emphasized jokingly as he kissed my temple sending a ripple if heat through me. I had to admit the midnight haired boy enthralled me, he changed me, and he had me bubbling over with desire.

“Anyways, what do you wanna do tonight?” he asked.

“Defiantly no tutoring, I actually want to enjoy my friday night!” I joked, giggling slightly at his hurt expression. Kissing him lightly on the cheek, “I enjoy tutoring, but I really want to relax,” I continued, sighing lightly signifying my high stress levels. I needed an escape from my pressuring mom, my strive for amazing grades, and the constant fear of Zayn leaving me. My life has been set on over drive this past month and I just wanted a minute to catch my breath.

“Hey I have an idea, Why don’t we go on a picnic this evening! There’s this great place I used to go when I was a kid and it would be perfect,” Zayn suggested, casually slinging his arm around my frame whilst explaining. We soon fell into deep conversation about his new car. I nodded completely engaged in his detailed description and just how perfect he was, when Harry frolicked in his arm sternly around Caitlin Anderson. The slut, in my short time here I heard tons of stories about her. Like how she seduced a teacher and made out with him in the staff office for two and a half hours. Although all the stories sounded way to unbelievable, seeing her up close the ideas didn’t to seem to far-fetched at all.

“Um,” I started, in a quite attempt to steal Zayn’s attention from his phone. He looked up abruptly, but soon was unable to look down again. His mouth was a gape, as all eyes in the room including ours were fixed on the couple as they entered. An amused smirk plastered on both their faces as they sashayed past everyone and to the back, where the rest of the boys were eating.

“Are you okay?” I asked, lightly stroking his check in my best attempt to keep him relaxed. He refused to answer, squeezing my hand tightly he rose to his feet bringing me along with him as we hurriedly escaped the tense environment if the cafeteria. “Zayn!” I exclaimed, my voice full of much needed worry and perplexity. He snorted in response, as we made it to the vacant hallway. I had never seen him this venerable and easily effected by any one in my life. I have grown so accustomed to the sweet, laid back and supportive Zayn, that this behavior was really surprising to say the least.

“What is he doing?” Zayn asked himself, a strange sound of anger escaping his perfect lips.

“What’s wrong Zayn? Why won’t you tell me anything?” I asked, distress leaking into my voice uncontrollably. As much as I tried to put on a brave front inside I was utterly confused. I had never dealt with Zayn in a such a angry position and more than anything I want to be supportive, without letting my feeling get in the mix.