Chapter 1: Nightmare.

*Nightmare*

--------------------------------------------------------

-Zayan-

"So what you think?" I asked Dad nervously as we step out of the meeting room

"So what you think?" I asked Dad nervously as we step out of the meeting room. He nodded with a smile.

"It is a good idea. Misha will be very happy. It was her dream." Dad says and his happy smile turned into a sad one when he remembers about my sister dream. 

"I know, she wouldn't be able to convince him but I am going to do it by myself now. I want it as soon as I can. It will be a birthday gift to her." I told him and the steping in empty elevator to go down in the parking. He looked at me with a look that I always wanted to see. He looks proud on me.

"I am very lucky to have children like you and Misha. You both are hard working and I know you both will get more success in your life." We walk toward my car and Steven open door for Dad. We were about to get it, but suddenly someone starts shooting at us. Steven pulled out his gun and tried to shoot but couldn't because whoever was shooting was hiding. There are few people who are attacking us.

I walk around the car dodging the bullets and to my Dad who was on his knees. I pulled him up and open the door to make him sit inside the bullet proof car, but he pushed me away and scream in pain. I look over and saw blooding coming out of his chest. I run toward my Dad and press my hand on his wound causing him to hiss in pain.

"Dad." I called him and saw as he smile at me and blood start coming from the cornerof his mouth.

"Call the ambulance." I yelled to Steven when the shooting was stopped. He nodded and call the ambulance.

"We can't wait for the ambulance now. We have to take him in the car." I nodded and laid him on backseat before I slid next to him. Steven went on driving seat and trying to start the car.

"What happened?" I asked confused. He was  confused as much as I am.

"Z-Zayan." I looked at Dad and saw as his breath started to get heavy. My eyes got wide seeing him.

"Don't talk Dad, please. Do something." I yelled at Steven. He nodded and get out to see what is the problem. 

"L-listen Zayan, you take care of yourself and Misha. Only you can complete my last wish Zayan. Please marry someone and live happily after I will be gone." He said and his eyes starting to close. I feel my tears filling in my eyes.

"D-Dad, nothing will happen to you. Ambulance will be here soon. Just don't close your eyes please Dad." My voice break as I say Dad and saw him struggling not to close his eyes.

"Promise me, you will do what I say. You will marry someone and live happily." He said as his breaths getting more heavily. Tears start slipping from my eyes. 

"But Dad-" he cut me off.

"Promise me."

"Okay, Dad, I promise you to do what you say. Please don't leave me. I don't have anyone left after you." I sobbed, but he closes his eyes and a small sigh escape from him. I cried hard. I cried for my Dad for my Mom. I cried for everything.

***

"Dad!" I screamed as I wake up with the same dream like last time. I was breathing heavily and was trying to catch it. After a few minutes I finally calm down.

"Zayan, open the door." I heard Misha calling, but I choose to ignore it. I rolled over to the side table and take out my pills and swallowed it with some water.

"Leave me alone." I yelled at the door when banging was still going. I throw the covers back and stood on my feet. I walk over the door and open it roughly not caring about anything right now.

"What you want?" I asked, clenching my teeth. She looked me up and down before sighing in relief. As much as I am mean to everyone she is the one in a few people who didn't back off. Everyone in the office or outside are scared of me.

"I heard you scream. I thought you are again having a nightmare." She said softly and my heart nearly melted, but I keep my face hard. I hate it that she know me so well.

"I am not having a nightmare. For the Allah sake, just leave me alone. Why are you even here? Go back to your home. I don't want to see you again!." I yelled and shut the door at her shocked face. I couldn't help but feel bad for yelling at her when I know she is here for me. I leaned back on the door before sliding down on the floor. 

After a few minutes, I slowly pulled myself to bed and slowly laid back before staring at the mirror ceiling of my room. I renovated my whole house since I do meetings here that I can't do in office. In this house only two people live. Nasreen Aunty and me. Nasreen Aunty is the care taker.

Two years ago Amy got hospitalize and doctor say she had some disease which is developing more as she get older. Only Amy is the one who knows why I am doing this. She never makes me feel like I am all alone in this house but now I feel. After Misha got Nasreen Aunty, she lives here in house and on weekends she visit her family or they come here to see her.

All Sunday I spend my day with Adeel in my house office, discussing about the projects we are doing. Adeel is my partner now while Aashir Bhai took over their Dad company. Adeel is new in the business so he didn't have much information what our company do. I gave him what Misha give me when I was going to join it offically.

On the other hand someone who I don't want to see hurt, but I couldn't get anyone more perfect than her. She is the only one perfect for her job and I am not planning to change it. After Adeel only Fatima is the person I would talk normally. We only communicate for work nothing else. She is the girl I want to see everyday when I woke up. The girl I want to see every night when I went to sleep. The girl who I want to live with but I couldn't. Seeing my attitude, no one wants to be with me and it is good for them.

I don't want to see anyone geeting hurt. I don't want to hurt Misha again. It kills me when I think how close I was to lose her when Aaliyan Bhai kidnap her and when she got shot on left shoulder. It happened last year. We were exiting Rayyan Bhai office when someone attacks us. Adeel was also with us. We were walking out of the door when suddenly someone starts shooting. Our guards were there to protect us, but a bullet hit her on the shoulders. That bullet was going to kill me. Misha pushes me other side to take that bullet for her.

After getting her hospital Rayyan Bhai told me to stay with Aahil at home so he couldn't get any suspicious where his mother is. That day I noted myself, I have to do it. I have to be cold with everyone so they could get away and live happily. I don't want anything but only to see them happy. Their happiness makes me happy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Chapter 1 is here. I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

I poste this chapter before finishing book 2 because alot of you was saying to start soon. This is all I can do for now. More chapters are going to come soon because I am almost halfway of writing this story so updates of this book is going to be quick. In Sha Allah. ☺

Thank you for so much love and support! 😊

-Maddy.!